Looking For Door Benders Ke30

firstcarrera2

Hello Corolla friends,

My Name is Sven and i live in Bruchmühlbach, Germany.

I drive now for nearly 20 years a very nice little yellow KE30. This summer, my door loops are unfortunately broken.

I am looking now for two good door bend ( or why calls it?) for my Corolla. Does anyone know of you, where one gets such?

Thank you

post-24677-0-53279500-1479399598_thumb.jpg

post-24677-0-91752500-1479399636_thumb.jpg

post-24677-0-04804300-1479399681_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Hi Sven,

Welcome aboard ! Thanks for the pictures of your car. Lovely daily drive. They were pretty much a disaster, those early model Corolla door pulls. Plastic & just broke, specially on the 2 door Corollas. Mine was do different. The later model KE55s had an arm rest/door pull, which was much more substantial, and I even considered at fitting the KE55 arm rests to the KE30, but the mounting points were no where near the same.

I purchased a couple of reproduction/aftermarket door pulls, off ebay a couple of years ago, which were beige in colour, but they were ever worse that the original Toyota ones, & only lasted a couple of months.

post-270-0-15915600-1479420013_thumb.jpg

Eventually, I found a couple of chromed metal door "kitchen" type door handles at the local hardware store, (Bunnings) with the exact same mounting point centres as the original door pulls.

I fitted these, and they are perfect, for this application, being strong, and look good.

post-270-0-11178500-1479420253_thumb.jpg

post-270-0-73439200-1479420281_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Banjo

Edited by Banjo
  • Upvote 1

dear Corolla friends,

thank you so much for your answears.

I have the eBay reproduction ordered, and will try this.

The early KE30 Models have arm rest/door pulls too, but not my late Model from 10.1977. My Car is unrestored and full original, to have the right door pulls is for me not unimportant.

post-24677-0-63273700-1479496130_thumb.jpg

post-24677-0-95762300-1479496157_thumb.jpg

post-24677-0-98587900-1479496175_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Welcome to you and your lovely car Sven.

Unfortunately most of the Thai reproduction parts have a deservedly poor reputation, but when the car is 40 years old, there isn't a lot you can do.

The original part number is 74811-12020-01 The last two numbers (01) signify the colour black.

A quick look on the parts buying service Amayama (google it - exceptionally good parts ordering service) suggests they MAY still be available genuine for about $USD11 plus shipping which through Amayama is generally modest.

https://www.amayama.com/en/search?region=152&q=74811-12020-01

I strongly recommend them. They can get parts (if still available) when your Toyota dealer is completely uninterested and doesn't even keep the part books anymore.

Give it a try, and let us know how you get on. If you need any other part numbers, let me know.

If you don't wish to use Amayama for some reason, googling the part number throws up many possible (and possibly useless) leads also.

Failing that, there must be someone on the forum who has some second hand ones lying around, these were a very common car here in Australia. Start a post in the Wanted to Buy forum, or contact people with KE30 parts in the Vehicles wrecking sub forum found in the For Sale Car Parts Forum. Even 40 year old ones exposed to 40 years of Australian sunlight are likely to last longer than the Thai items.

• Upvote 1

Sorry I should add.

If you put in an actual request for the parts through amayama, they will check if there is actual stock available. If there are, only then do they issue you an invoice including postage. If you pay the invoice, they then ship the parts. Despite what it says in the link above, on checking via the Toyota parts warehouse in Japan, it remains quite possible that the parts are no longer available (NLA).

Anyway, it is easy and commitment free to put in an enquiry

Unbelievable, the door pulls are still new and original. support.gif

I would have never expected that there is something new to buy in original for the Ke30.

In Germany is a lively oldtimer Scene, but the most old Toyota´s, are no collectibles, and have very few fans. Exceptions are only Celica TA 22, or AE86.

A KE30 is a very very rare Car in Germany. There are still a few in Holland and Belgium.

To get Parts, who are not technically, Is very difficult.

Thanks again, and greet all around the globe: Sven

post-24677-0-52789500-1479712877_thumb.jpg

Great news! I wouldn't be surprised if they are also fitted to something else somewhere in the world like a land cruiser or something like that, so have somehow survived.

I have been able to get a variety of obscure parts for my earlier Corolla's via Amayama. But of course the majority are unavailable, especially anything to do with model specific trim.

But you just never know, and it costs nothing to put in a query!