5K Solid Lifters - Oil Pressure

Viterbo

I was about to use Felix system of converting hydraulics to solids when I read about the oil feeds needing to be blocked or it would lead to oil pressure loss.

As Felix told me, he took the guts out of the hydraulics and placed the top seat into the bottom of the lifter, using suitable length pushrods.

I had everything needed to do this conversion and I had to put it on hold. Felix has been offline since July and therefore he didn't answered me yet about the oil pressure loss.

So I hope anyone can help me on this.

I have an European 5K block with D shaped piston dish.

Will I have oil pressure loss if I don't block any oil feed holes?

If I do, what needs to be done?

A guy I know used Chevy lifters and he didn't had any trouble at all (same kind of block).

Thank you!

Members dont see this ad

I changed to solids in a 5k a few years ago & I am 100% sure I used 3f lifters , they are a different shape lifter so the lifter will block the oil feed hole, I am almost certain that was all I needed to do as far as oil pressure, but you will also need to change the push rods & I can't remember if I used 3k or 4k rods.

I changed to solids in a 5k a few years ago & I am 100% sure I used 3f lifters , they are a different shape lifter so the lifter will block the oil feed hole, I am almost certain that was all I needed to do as far as oil pressure, but you will also need to change the push rods & I can't remember if I used 3k or 4k rods.

Yes it's the 3F engine lifters that fit in 5Ks. But I'm gonna give a go to Felix's conversion as I have all the parts needed. And those are the parts where my question about oil pressure comes in since they won't block the oil feed as the body of the lifter will still be the 5K hydraulic.

I just can't contact Felix so he can give me a hint on this because he's offline since July and I need to go ahead with this soon...

• 1 month later...