Ke55 Hesitates At Take Off

Big G

Members dont see this ad

KE55 does have a lot of hoses haha.

Its like a vaccumanical computer.

If they are all working currently, try to maintain that. The systems that they operate greatly improve fuel efficiency, not just emissions.

This is just an opinion, but don't remove/plug them unless there is something broken that they operate and you cannot easily replace it.

I did away with my 4K carby on the farm car (KE55) and switched to the simple 3K carb which has NO vacuum lines to operate it. Its all internal passages. Just one going to the dizzy for idle advance and of course the PCV hose and brake booster, if you classify them as vacuum hoses. (i don't)

u know, its possible to run with no vacuum hoses on a 3k carby.

Vacuum advance doesn't actually advance anything during performance engine conditions, only really does anything at closed throttle.

Charcoal canister?? PHHHT "SAVE THE KOALAS" a different way, stop cutting down trees.

Edited by rebuilder86

everything i learned about EFI and modern engines has taught me the charcoal canisters soul purpose was for fuel vapours, which is an environmental issue.

My fuel fuel tank vents nowhere. It has no vent. To be honest; I'm glad that its stuck in there (the fuel), the bastard can burn as it is.

Fuel tank also now has a rust hole in he top of it so don't take any of this as any advice for removing charcoal canisters hahah.