Pertronix, Msd And Other Electronic Ignition Options

7000rpm

Hi Guys,

I am wondering what type of ignition systems have found to be good for k series engines. I gather many would have nippon denso electronic dizzys, converted from points.

Has anyone tried the Pertronix Australia conversion kit? Or used an MSD system to increase spark and have a rev limiter option?

I'm building a 4k with 11.5:1 compression and twin sideraughts for mostly track racing. Am curious of the electronic ignition options of what has proven to be reliable and perform well

Edited by 7000rpm

Members dont see this ad

I'm running a MSD 6-AL with their Blaster2 (i think) coil with a 4k points distributor (because the advance curve was a little better than the 5k one). Basically the same as Gavins but with more spark but for more monies. I probably wouldve gone the streetfire if i hadn't of gotten the 6al for mates rates.

Don't get too excited about MSD rev limiter tho, its more of a safety precaution for run away engines than a limiter to bounce off like the BeeR the silvia boys run.

I found that it was only when i have super heavily modified my motor that i even need to go as far as an MSD.