Lowering My Ke70

I'd like to lower my KE70 corolla by 30mm, by fitting a full set of king springs

My only question is, if i'm lowering the car by 30mm, Do I need shorter shocks or are the stock ones fine (Plan to change the shocks as the same time as the springs, so if shorter shocks are required I'll have time to find them)

Members dont see this ad

what about the front?

Or is there someone who makes shorter shock absorbers for KE70's, I'm not a fan of mix and matching stuff from other cars

And is there anyone in victoria who will sell a set of lowered shocks

Also has anyone used these springs, I'd like to know from them what they did (The car is a daily hence why coilovers would be a bit pointless)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-COROLLA-AE-70-KE-70-F-R-LOW-30mm-LOWERED-COIL-KING-SPRINGS/160763827014?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D39923%26meid%3Dfc8b6d8e70db413bbc769f221b4a1a45%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D3%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D151841916037

Or King Spirngs

PART NUMBERS

FRONT:- KFRL-16

REAR:- KTRL-34

Edited by KaboomJohn111

The stock shock will work fine. As Little Red Spirit said, 30mm is no problem. ....unless you drive over bumpy roads at speed with a full load. Being stiffer springs even that shouldn't bottom anything out.

You might want to work out what happens first, the spring coil-binds or the shock bottoms out before then. If the coil binds first then the shock won't bottom out ever. You can always fit bump stops in there too, so they take up the last 30mm of travel.

You're doing it very correctly! Most guys just reach for a grinder to get 30mm...!

Thanks for they replies

I'm still getting mixed messages, But I think I should be fine with stock shocks (will replace with a brand new set since new springs, why not some fresh shocks) I pretty much never carry a full load, just groceries, bags for uni, and I've built a diamond plate toolbox which is always in the boot (handy for helping out other people, and happens more often than you think) and its usually just me driving occasionally have a passenger or 2

Where can I get some 30mm bump stops (just in case)?

I in future (i.e when I can contact Performance Wheels and Motorsport Wheels and Tyres, since both are close till the 7th) I plan to fit 15x6 Performance Superlites with 195/50 R15 Tyres (I know the wheel and tyres are suitable, just need to make an appointment with Motorsport Wheels and Tyres in Dandenong to get help with offset)

So may as well double check (even after lowering), The wheels shouldn't scrub and there shouldn't be a need to roll my guards right?

Sorry If I'm being annoying with many Questions

Edited by KaboomJohn111

I wander around a wreckers yard for bump stops. There is an MX5 site that gets right into custom bump stops and their effects, it is quite fascinating.

The Celica we rallied had Falcon front ones fitted in the rear... Longer and softer than stock, so they started to add to the spring rate earlier and then had time to decelerate the chassis before full compression.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread ! Bear in mind that the King Spring replacement front coils, are a bit stiffer than the original KE70 Toyota coils. This is because the King Springs are made with a harder material, & a vernier indicates the King Spring coil rod/bar is approx. 1mm greater in diameter, than the original Toyota ones.

I did a front end strut & brake conversion on my KE30, using Celica RA65 struts with KE70 perches & coils, so i could get the struts right back into the strut tower, so the camber adjusters could provide the slight negative camber I wanted. The result was excellent, but the ride is a little harsh, as a result of the changed spring rate. I like it slightly harder, but there maybe others, whose "better half", would like the softer ride.

In the past month, I completely re-shoed my Camry wide body, all round, with new struts, shocks & King Springs. The result was exactly the same. A harder slightly harsher ride.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, Just briefly touching this topic once more

Has anyone here used an AJPS Adjustable Panhard rod, I have brought the Springs, but only now remembered that I would be well off to get an adjustable panhard.

Main reason is that i've been told that it is reccomended when I lower my car to realign the diff