Lowering Springs Brand Variations

ms85er

Hi,

I need a bit of help with lowering my car.

I have a ms85 crown, I ordered some lovells springs for front and rear, because they were the only company that I was aware of that made a lowered rear spring for my car (since I've found pedders makes one as well).

So I installed the "sports low" springs which are the first level of low. The front is now scrubbing when I go over bumps in the road, and seems to have a soft spring rate, and the rear has barely even moved, but has a solid spring rate. It's really noticeable when corner that the rears are much stiffer.

Has anyone come across variations between brands?, If I get pedders lowered springs for the rear is it likely to come down?, I would cut them at least temporarily but a mate suggested against that because of the design of the springs, and for the front, If I get kings or pedders would it likely change the height, or am I venturing into custom territory?

Cheers.

Edited by ms85er

Members dont see this ad

Put up pics to show ride height otherwise were just reacting your complaints and not adding anythign to the discussion. Maybe they ʞ©$ɟed up and sent you one pair of full height HD and one pair of lowered.

I'll post some pics tonight, I'm being as objective as possible, a tape measure would hardly measure the difference between the original rear springs and the 'lowered' rear springs, the rear literally hasn't moved, maybe 3mm lower max. As for the front, I'm not complaining about the height of the springs they supplied me, I'm just wondering whether in anyone experience they have found variations between brands.

Edited by ms85er

Were the rear springs already sagging, hence there not being much difference when lowered ones were installed?

I've known people to replace original springs with "stock height" ones and then complain about the 4WD ride height because they hadn't noticed the gradual sag over the years.

• Upvote 1

Were the rear springs already sagging, hence there not being much difference when lowered ones were installed?

I've known people to replace original springs with "stock height" ones and then complain about the 4WD ride height because they hadn't noticed the gradual sag over the years.

I've attached a photo, for some reason it wont let me insert it. This is before the lowered springs, I will post an after pic next time I'm somewhere near it. No droop.

post-23178-0-17416000-1484737887_thumb.jpg

The big question is how does littleredspirit live with the start bar at the top of his computer screen?

The real question is why hasn't every-ones layout evolved like this as all the menus in applications are up top so it saves a lot of swiping and lets me use a tiny amount of desk for the mouse.