An Aftermarket Hood On A Corolla?

ToyoCoro80

Hi folks,

I am new to your guys forum.

I've got a 2012 Corolla, which was badly damaged (front end) in a collision. Now need to get a new bumper, hood and get some under-hood stuff fixed as well (I will have my local shop do that). Wanted to ask you, if anyone has installed a carbonfiber or Duraflex hood on yall guys 'Rollas? Are they as cool as they advertise them?

Also, if I decide to get a non-OE hood, will I need new hinges and stuff? As mine are dent on one side, so thinking whether I will try fixing 'em or will just buy new ones...

Any ideas and reviews on aftermarket hoods are appreciated!!!

Members dont see this ad

Hello.

This forum, although all corollas are welcome, seems to focus on the older stuff, but there are general things about carbon hoods that are desirable. Obviously the weight savings. People like the look.

Its a lot of money if performance isn't your only goal for the car. What's the price of such a thing?

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

if money is no object go for it,

If it were me id ring some wreckers and pickup a second hand hood. being a relatively young car you might even find one in your color in usable condition that you can just bolt straight on.

To answer your question, most aftermarket hoods i have seen have bolted to the factory hinges.

• Upvote 1

Yea, man, I checked on the prices and that carbon hood is $900+ and like $150 shipping... not my case, as I need plenty of other stuff to fix my Corolla... So maybe you are right, will check on junk yards first. My Corolla is white, and I may get either a black hood (I've got cool black rims) or white to match the color. Anyways thanks for replying, as after getting the list of what's got to be replaced I was kinda confused... And thought that maybe it's time to refresh the exterior with something cool... But you're right, the real carbon stuff is too costly. So will remove the hood from the list of 'to buy' things I've got for e-bay.

The only thing I did not consider - I still bought the OE hinges from one site (https://www.carid.com/hood-hinges/)... Along with tons of other things I need to fix my Corolla. So sometime on Friday will go and check on the hoods they've got at my local junk yards. So that by Tuesday I could get the ball rolling.

Thanks everyone for replies and all your support, guys!

Love your Corollas!

Edited by ToyoCoro80