K- Heads On Other K Series Block :)

hi rollaclub! I'm jason from Philippines,

is it possible putting my 4k head on a 7k block?

is it bolt on?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ke35senyorita - 4k - 7k - sushimachinePh - variasAutomotive - Philippines

Members dont see this ad

HI jason, I'm jeremy from cebu, well , toledo.

you can, just make sure you do your research for the Head gasket to use.

the bore size is of course different, so of course you want to make sure you are using a 7k head gasket, but make sure it all lines up. any water passages may have slightly different holes, thats ok, as long as it passes some water through.

Also, some advice about our water, don't skimp on coolant and distilled water! previous owner before me did with my owner jeep and i am now paying for it.

the lime screws with everything in this engine.

ahh i see what you mean, perhaps the bloke i know with a 7k block just ignored those extra hols, theres actually 3 extra bolts in the pics i am looking at not full length torque out head bolts tho.

i guess there could be some serious oil leaks without them, but no problems with internal combustion process. Also, this is the Philippines, what is a car without a good oil leak.

They don't even sell oil sump plug washers anywhere in this country.

Simply not available. Therefor the m,ost basic servicing, an oi change, can not be done successfully here unless you have a new car being serviced at the dealership!

On my 4k i have to run a ʞ©$ɟing o ring around the thread. some geniuses use teflon thread tape on the threads!!!, which does sweet f all.

ahh i see what you mean, perhaps the bloke i know with a 7k block just ignored those extra hols, theres actually 3 extra bolts in the pics i am looking at not full length torque out head bolts tho.

i guess there could be some serious oil leaks without them, but no problems with internal combustion process. Also, this is the Philippines, what is a car without a good oil leak.

They don't even sell oil sump plug washers anywhere in this country.

Simply not available. Therefor the m,ost basic servicing, an oi change, can not be done successfully here unless you have a new car being serviced at the dealership!

On my 4k i have to run a ʞ©$ɟing o ring around the thread. some geniuses use teflon thread tape on the threads!!!, which does sweet f all.

Haha. He may not have stressed about the extra bolts, not even sure why they are in there to begin with, they are quite small.

Here's why I didn't think it is a good idea. 1. A 7k head is most likely, going to be a 5-10 years newer than a 4k head. Less time to corrode and go soft from running or detonation.

2. Lastly the ports on the 7k head are far superior than a 4k flat top piston head(4k-u's are rare in Aus).

I now understand the situation that ke35seyorita maybe in. Thanks Jeremy.

Ke35seyorita as Jeremy's already said I'd grab a used 7k and 4k head gasket and check your main passages. Can't be too far out.

Stu.

Edited by kickn5k

• 3 weeks later...

I put the head from my 1100 K on a 3K and it ran the best out of everything I've done. I think it bumps up the compression quite a bit. After a few years everything cracked...block, pistons, head. But while it was good...it was real good. Smoked tires in first and second, good burn on third, still chirping when you hit fourth. I was beating 5.0 Mustangs, A Ranchero with a 351.....it was quite surprising.