Justin's Ke70

Medicine_Man

Members dont see this ad

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you changed your dizzy leads? I remember my 4A-C missing and not running right at one stage and changing the leads fixed mine. Did you put all new on when you hooked up the electric dizzy?

Had a closer look and found the cause which pissed me off a tad. Mechanic at work didn't put 3 of the offset washers back on properly, They were sealing the intake manifold fine but #2 / #3 / #4 are not sealing down properly.. Story short, It has f@$ked the gasket and the carbs have to come off to replace it again..

Bolts unwound, Tightened them up and it got me to work Friday and today. Took it down to get the carbs tuned today, so looking foward to having it run properly.

hey man just thou id say nice rolla spewin about all the problems.

I'm gettin my 2inch exhaust and extractors done soon just gotta look around on prices.

i would really luv a set of those carbies :D:D

Was working on the sunny coast before (Recarb fitted them for me) But I had other problems causing the idle to be unstable. The mechanics where I work now diagnosed it and helped me fix it, Just now the carbs are out of tune. Its at a carb shop at wooloongabba at the moment so fingers crossed it should haul arse when I get it back..

• 1 month later...

Idle is good scince I dropped it in to have the carbs balanced and tuned. Had a problem with some bolts unwinding and f@$king the gasket in the process. Fixed the gasket problem today and loctite on the bolts hopefully have solved the problem.. Ran them up some more when the engine was warm so hopefully its all good now *touches wood*