Johnny Mac's Ke35 Coupe

Johnny Mac

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I painted the back of the bumper the other day to try to prevent corrosion and fitted it back up to the car with the new indicators/park lights. Took a bit of time to get it fitting well but looks good I think.

Then I thought I’d put the TE37 grill on after that for some inspiration but unfortunately the bonnet won’t close with it in as the grill sits too high. I suspected this might be a problem when I bought it as it’s obviously a different shape to the standard one, but I’d seen a few pics of KE30 flat type bonnets with TE37 grills. Not sure how people are getting that to work - maybe by cutting the top of the grill down, which is something I’m not prepared to do. Maybe the extra height of a KE55 bonnet would help, has anyone on here fitted a TE37 grill to their KE30/35/55?

E6B15F32-F26D-4956-8FD1-20DC787388F3.jpeg

94F1069C-1E5B-4256-BA83-1575E89DD04B.jpeg

• 1 month later...

A while ago, I bought a ke55 grille from a guy who had stripped a few corollas. I was there to buy a glovebox lid as mine had a broken latch, but grabbed the grille also because it was cheap and in great condition. As it turns out, I’ve had to use this grille now, the te37 doesn’t fit and the dog managed to get to the original while it was off the car!

Gave it a clean up, polished the stainless trims and replaced the badge with a near perfect one. I have the ‘Toyota’ one too but it needs the letters repainted. Looks clean without it anyway I think.

DA3D7742-2F8C-460B-98D3-02FC4CC5EC6F.jpeg