5k Engine for Ke70

I tried putting the picture in the format you said with the gif. using "click to choose"....still don't work, I'll try on my laptop, My computer has windows 7 so that might be an issue

Of course I will get the dizzy recurved (forgot the name of the place but I'll put it up when I find the receipt

I'm aware of using washers on the engine stand...doesn't help if I don't have enough, but I have it on now, after uni tomorrow I can strip the rest down and hopefully have a chance to call romac

BTW have you chosen a cam to go with? I'm going with Camtech CT003517(a)...274 advertised duration IN and EX, 218 @50thou, .442 lift IN and EX and a nice LSA of 110 degrees

Members dont see this ad

Yeah maybe that has something to do with it. I'm using windows 10.

I haven't chosen a cam yet, I actually got a cam with the engine I just bought. It's a camtech cam as well, i rang them about it because the specs aren't on the website, he described it to me as being in between the first two cams they list, so nothing crazy.

I had originally planned to go for something a bit more angry, but seeing as I already have this one I might just see how it goes. I haven't quite decided yet.

Made any more progress with yours yet?

On 30/04/2017 at 7:51 PM, Ryan272 said:

Yeah maybe that has something to do with it. I'm using windows 10.

I haven't chosen a cam yet, I actually got a cam with the engine I just bought. It's a camtech cam as well, i rang them about it because the specs aren't on the website, he described it to me as being in between the first two cams they list, so nothing crazy.

I had originally planned to go for something a bit more angry, but seeing as I already have this one I might just see how it goes. I haven't quite decided yet.

Made any more progress with yours yet?

Hey mate,

Here is a list of camtech cams for 5k's, https://www.camtechcams.com.au/toy_4cyl_5k.html

I'm going with the third one on the list

Unfortuantely no real progress besides taking it apart and getting rid of the busted head stud...arc welder plus noob bogger weld = win...I'm far more better with acetylene welding and tig welding...need to learn to mig weld better and god awful at an arc welder

Hopefully I can get in touch with @7000rpm for some bits and pieces, mainly nuts which hold sump (motor only had 6 on it) what I get for getting a motor on a pallet, and oil pump and oil filter assembly (both of which were missing), Flywheel, Backing plate (between engine block and flywheel), and I need to get an electronic dizzy

But got caught up in bloody assessments for uni which IMO is complete bullshit, the assessment was worth 40% of subject and the exam is only worth 20%...what where they thinking, also taking care of mum, as previously mentioned

DSC_0342.JPG

DSC_0343.JPG

DSC_0346.JPG

Edited by KaboomJohn111

Cheers, Dregs

Also I've been thinking 10:1 compression but I've seen some guys run 11:1 compression (I assume static compression)

what have some of you guys run (MUST be running in 98 octane)...I always use BP 'Ultimate' 98 octane

How would 10.5:1 compression go for my 5k? with given cam (274 advertised duration with camtech)

Edited by KaboomJohn111

Just now, SloRolla said:

correct me if i'm wrong, a 4k with a larger cam and a shaved 3k head does about 10:1 I think. So being a 5k 10.5 shouldn't be a problem?

I'm thinking in a similar way but I'm just waiting for someone to confirm or correct me

1 hour ago, 7000rpm said:

Have all the parts here when you are ready John

Going to need, (anything with * is me assuming they are the same between a 4k and 5k in case stuff comes off a 4k motor)

- Flywheel
- Oil Pump* (I'm assuming the pickup is the same depth for 4k and 5k as well, so basically it needs to be complete...I'll pay an extra 5 buck if you can shim the pump by 2-3mm)...send pic if you can.
- Oil filter assembly 
- Back Plate* (Plate Between Block and Flywheel)
- Rocker cover* (as mine is munted, want it smooth and clean as possible so looks good when I ceramic 'chrome' coat it)
- The 10mm nuts which hold the sump (Only came with 4 or 5 so just I case I'll ask for 18-20 of them)

Cheers mate, Of course I'll pay for them, Still need to order an electric dizzy from ebay 

1 minute ago, Taz_Rx said:

Just polish the rocker cover. They're pretty easy to do as they're pretty smooth to start with. It doesn't need any type of ceramic heat coating. 

Forgot to mention, mine is completely munted, dented and self tapping screws are in it...so holes

I'm only going for a coating because it lasts longer than polishing it... plus I fell in love with the chrome engine parts (rocker covers, timing covers), not to mention billet pulleys, when I first saw them at summernats show n' shine 2011, so with this chance to do the same, I'm taking it

But thanks for mentioning

2 hours ago, KaboomJohn111 said:

Going to need, (anything with * is me assuming they are the same between a 4k and 5k in case stuff comes off a 4k motor)

- Flywheel
- Oil Pump* (I'm assuming the pickup is the same depth for 4k and 5k as well, so basically it needs to be complete...I'll pay an extra 5 buck if you can shim the pump by 2-3mm)...send pic if you can.
- Oil filter assembly 
- Back Plate* (Plate Between Block and Flywheel)
- Rocker cover* (as mine is munted, want it smooth and clean as possible so looks good when I ceramic 'chrome' coat it)
- The 10mm nuts which hold the sump (Only came with 4 or 5 so just I case I'll ask for 18-20 of them)

Cheers mate, Of course I'll pay for them, Still need to order an electric dizzy from ebay 

Ok.

when do you need it by?

Say in 2-3 weeks

Still have to wait for some parts to come in for the rest of the motor, I need this stuff when I put it back together

so no rush there

still have to wait for pistons, VRS kit, gasket kit to come in...once I get pistons I'm sending the block to get decked and bored, Since I can also send pistons, conrods and pulleys to get balanced at the same time...If I can get the Flywheel by next week would be better, may as well get it balanced an lightened when I send the block

How much have you guys taken off a flywheel, I'm thinking 1-1.5 kg like for my 4k, but never though about how light it can go while being streetable