5k Engine for Ke70

22 minutes ago, Taz_Rx said:

Genuine head gaskets are definitely the way to. I always use them, and along with a set of arp's never had any issue holding in over 20 psi.

Crow do k series double valve springs.... and by using the search function you could probably even find a part number! 

I've never really been a fan of double valve springs, but i'll look if they have single springs, where did you get your arp studs

Members dont see this ad

Also, have never used these, but these are the part numbers floating around for ARP head studs to fit a k series. 

"

ARP head studs to suit k series engine are as follows

) 10 ARP studs M10 X 1.25 X 5.00 Part# AM5 .000-1lb

) 1 10 pack ARP nuts M10 X 1.25 X 7/16 12PT part# 300-8363

) 1 10 pack ARP Washer No Chamfer M10 ID .7500D part# 200-8689

18 hours ago, RainWarriorDregs said:

Also, have never used these, but these are the part numbers floating around for ARP head studs to fit a k series. 

"

ARP head studs to suit k series engine are as follows

) 10 ARP studs M10 X 1.25 X 5.00 Part# AM5 .000-1lb

) 1 10 pack ARP nuts M10 X 1.25 X 7/16 12PT part# 300-8363

) 1 10 pack ARP Washer No Chamfer M10 ID .7500D part# 200-8689

Cheer, although I already had the part no. Finding a set of stock new head bolts is becoming a pain (my motor only had 4 with it)

How was NorthernNats mate? would like to go to some more Nats events but university live says DENIED

I got you PM, Cheers

Edited by KaboomJohn111

18 hours ago, coln72 said:

What's your obsession with heavy duty valve springs? My standard ones would handle decent revs. Why put extra load on the valve train when it is not required?

ok, sorry, it's not an obsession, It's just I don't know how much the standard ones can take (with new cam grind) I've asked facebook and elsewhere and no-one has given me a vouch or reply saying the stock spring can take it...until now, so thanks for that

I spoke to camtech today and got a quote of $230, seems good, also the guy said consider new lifters (likely not) but anyone know good places to get lifters faced or rebuilt or whatever

Edited by KaboomJohn111

6 hours ago, KaboomJohn111 said:

Cheer, although I already had the part no. Finding a set of stock new head bolts is becoming a pain (my motor only had 4 with it)

How was NorthernNats mate? would like to go to some more Nats events but university live says DENIED

I got you PM, Cheers

Ah ok, yeah i'd thought i'd sent you through those parts numbers. Like i tell most people, i just got the head bolts matched at my local fasteners shop. they've been holding up fine now for about 12 months of 7000rpm and 12.5:1 compression. Just a thought.  Northern Nats was good. my partners son runs his burnout car in the pro series and it goes hard as. However got cranky and threw a leg out of bed. Other than that, just good to be involved in the scene. 

6 hours ago, KaboomJohn111 said:

ok, sorry, it's not an obsession, It's just I don't know how much the standard ones can take (with new cam grind) I've asked facebook and elsewhere and no-one has given me a vouch or reply saying the stock spring can take it...until now, so thanks for that

I spoke to camtech today and got a quote of $230, seems good, also the guy said consider new lifters (likely not) but anyone know good places to get lifters faced or rebuilt or whatever

I ran a Tighe cam with 0.423 of lift for about 6 years in my hot 4k with standard valve springs and it saw many many revs and they were all good. I went double springs in my recent 5k build cos massive cam.  

12 hours ago, KaboomJohn111 said:

Same place. I recently had camtech re surface my solids for $88

While you are at it, may as well ask them if they specify a certain valve spring seat pressure for their cam. That will resolve the valve spring debate

Edited by 7000rpm

Hey guys quick update, I'll put some pics of the head how it is at the moment (haven't sent it off yet since discussing all the work with peter from head2head clayton, and also FERAL 4K...he has offered to help with the head and i'd be stupid not to accept...still wish I had the money to buy FERAL 4K)

Had some parts come along, I'll post some pics in later post

Still looking for Genuine 5k head gasket

DSC_0361.JPG

DSC_0362.JPG

Edited by KaboomJohn111

going to replace this heater return for a plate (since my 4k doesn't have a line there so plating it should be fine...maybe TIG the bastard)

DSC_0365.JPG

DSC_0366.JPG

Admittedly...first time seeing a long reach plug on a k-motor...I know they are out there, just never encountered it. something interesting though to find and didn't expect it.

Edited by KaboomJohn111