5k Engine for Ke70

Members dont see this ad

I've heard this going around but i'm not sure about it

Apparently to fit a double row timing chain, I have to use an earlier timing cover

also is the timing tensioner and guide the same width for both or is the one for double row wider (I'm assuming the double row stuff is wider, but having trouble finding them)

Does anyone know where to get some heavy duty valve springs for the 5k

Edited by KaboomJohn111

Well, i've had some luck

Called my mate at HM gem engines

He had a ES9000 available unopened, so basically the same as the cs9000 but it's not adjustable, it'll do fine, If this car was a dedicated track car/motorkhana I'd keep trying to find the adjustable one but since mostly a streeter plus club events it will work for my purposes.
(Look at this piece of goodness...to bad it'll never be on display)

Also my local toyota dealer has no head gaskets left for 5k's, If anyone has a new one or their nearest dealer has one, Purchase it and I'll pay you for it plus shipping and an extra 10 bucks

DSC_0352.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

Edited by KaboomJohn111

Manage to get most of the engine pulled apart, when I get the flywheel and the Pistons, I'll be sending the block, crank, conrods, flywheel, pistons and crank pulley to HM gem engines in dandenong, Block the will be getting cleaned, decked, and bored to fit the 40thou oversize hypatec pistons and welsh plugs replaced, I was wondering if I should get the cam bearings changed at the same time (I have a pic or so of them)
The crank, conrods, crank pulley and pistons also flywheel will all be getting balanced so no issues arise when spinning the thing at 7000 ish rpm

Here's some pics

DSC_0355.JPG

DSC_0356.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

1 hour ago, SloRolla said:

You still looking for a 5k head gasket? I can ask my local parts place if he's got one.

EDIT: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CYLINDER-HEAD-GASKET-TOYOTA-LITEACE-KM36-1-5L-5KC-5K-C-1-86-3-92-/252846626671?hash=item3aded5576f:g:iNYAAOSwuLZY5bpy what about this one??

what i want is a Toyota Genuine head gasket, I'm aware there are others but I for one can vouch for the quality of the toyota parts, problem is my local dealer is out
And I'm heavily considering ARP head studs...I know way too overkill, But I'm finding it bloody impossible to find replacement head bolts from Toyota (even if I get them I have to use another set in case head comes off again since bloody torque to yield)

I forgot to put pics of the bearings, this motor internally looks clean as
To bad the valves looks shit, but I can get new valves from precision international for about $45 total,
1mm bigger valves for both exhaust and intake would still be cool but pain to find

The will be about 2-3 week pause in progress since I have exams in 4 weeks
After that got a solid month and can finish this

Also still trying to find some heavy duty valve springs

Edited by KaboomJohn111

31 minutes ago, KaboomJohn111 said:

what i want is a Toyota Genuine head gasket, I'm aware there are others but I for one can vouch for the quality of the toyota parts, problem is my local dealer is out
And I'm heavily considering ARP head studs...I know way too overkill, But I'm finding it bloody impossible to find replacement head bolts from Toyota (even if I get them I have to use another set in case head comes off again since bloody torque to yield)

Ahh yeah fair fair, I'll ask next time i'm there :) His stock is actually really good.

Genuine head gaskets are definitely the way to. I always use them, and along with a set of arp's never had any issue holding in over 20 psi.

Crow do k series double valve springs.... and by using the search function you could probably even find a part number! 

• Upvote 1