Twin Aisan Su Carburettors

bruce

Got these Aisan Iso SU carbs.

The guy that I got it off said they 1.5" SU's from a Datsun, but when I rubbed a bit of grease off they were Aisan instead of Hitachi's.

I think they might be off a sports version of a corona, 1600S or mk2 or something.

post-926-1146222145_thumb.jpg

post-926-1146222184_thumb.jpg

The code on them is HF40D.

The bolt pattern per carb to the manifold is triangular (3 bolts, 2 upper 1 lower)

The manifold looks like it is heated one. Maybe the SUs were taken off a corona and put in a Datsun.

I've search the net and looked in books in the library but can't really find much about them.

Does anyone one know what these came out of, and what they are like?

Bruce

Members dont see this ad

the corona rt40/51 1600S engines did have an SU copy type of aisan.

no idea of what the manifold is. it isn't from a 1600s corona though, they were a non xflow engine. doubt it is from an A series or L series Datto as they are also non xflow engines.

looks like there is some sort of spacer/adapter between the carbs and manifold.

Edited by Felix

Got these Aisan Iso SU carbs.

The guy that I got it off said they 1.5" SU's from a Datsun, but when I rubbed a bit of grease off they were Aisan instead of Hitachi's.

I think they might be off a sports version of a corona, 1600S or mk2 or something.

post-926-1146222145_thumb.jpg

post-926-1146222184_thumb.jpg

The code on them is HF40D.

The bolt pattern per carb to the manifold is triangular (3 bolts, 2 upper 1 lower)

The manifold looks like it is heated one. Maybe the SUs were taken off a corona and put in a Datsun.

I've search the net and looked in books in the library but can't really find much about them.

Does anyone one know what these came out of, and what they are like?

Bruce

Looks like a galant manifold to me.4G63 ish

Well, I've asked around on corona country http://www.turbocreations.com/corona/

and they said the SUs aren't off a corona 1600S, since they don't have the fuel bowls off to the sides.

I actually saw a set of twin SU carbs on ebay at the moment from a 76 corona, which had a 18R engine:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

They look similar to mine.

I've took the air filters and manifold off:

post-926-1146570418_thumb.jpg

post-926-1146570438_thumb.jpg

post-926-1146570460_thumb.jpg

post-926-1146570475_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
Looks like a galant manifold to me.4G63 ish

Yes your right.

These carbs came out in coronas, but a guy told me that they came in Galants too, since he's got them in his car. The corona and galant twin aisan carbs looks similar, but there are some visual differences.

Twin Aisan carbs came out in 4G32 Saturn A111 motor used in the 1970-71 Mitsubishi Colt Galant GTO-MII (also called the A53C-GS).

post-926-1162648265_thumb.jpg

post-926-1162647936.jpg

The galant GTO looks like an alright car:

galant

I have a PDF document with a section on the SU carbs (description & diagrams etc.) from a galant GTO manual if anyones interested.

I sold the carbs, since I though it would be too much mucking around to put them in my corolla. The bolt pattern doesn't match the pattern on the lynx manifold; little bit out, but some adaptor plates could be made up. Parts are fairly rare, though I heard some british SU parts may fit with a little modification.

I heard that a place in Canada can source re-build kits for them.

• 11 years later...

Looking for replacement Needle and Seat for the AISAN SU type carb fitted to the RT40S 1966-1968 1600S with 4R engine,

or

1900SL 8RB engine fitted with AISAN SU Type side draft carbies.

Need part number of carbies or of the parts.

Need thread size of the Seats so I can match the various seats from Aisan Type fitted to 3K engines.

I have several sources but they will require buying blind from USA.

also if you have an old AISAN SU type of either engine have any lying around will buy from you for spares.

First pic is available from USA  Second pic is the two different types removed from my carbies.

please email me vk3zaz at gmail dot com if you can assist in any way to restore my engine to running condition.

or if you know of carbie part number needle and seat part number and any suplliers?

Steve  Zero Four One triple zero six eight nine nine  cell

4RA.jpg