7AFE and electrics into a AE82

MaximusPsychosis

but I like them steaming piles of crap! low pressure, always open single injector! needs a completely different type of ecu.. could always go a vacuum controlled jetronic, the old type that uses the vacuum and throttle position to determine the amount of fuel to spray. Yeah!

Like i said, not going nuts on this 7A for some time, I may go GE head on it with a turbo one day, but thats years away.
I think going from a 2A-LC at 36HP with 3 running pistons and the other with no rings, to a 120'ish HP 7A-FE would do me good enough for a while.

i just gotta get the wiring right

Members dont see this ad

It would only yield and improvement at high rpm to move the injectors up the air stream into the manifold, ideally you'd place them atop each runner, and let the longer time it takes from injection to combustion at higher rpms do a better job atomising fuel.  Not applicable to stock efi anyhow, and you would still need the original injectors to make it drive.  It would turn into a hella dog with only upstream injection.

I guess it would run like a dirty dog, the piston drawing the air would not take enough to suck all the air mixed with fuel out of the runners.

I was thinking along the lines of setting the injectors to spray into the air inside the plenum to keep the mixture there, then the pistons draw the mixed air as needed. Instead of double shooting the fuel with one of the shots basically cooling the intake valves.

Maybe toyota thought this as going to be an issue and downsized the injectors to compensate with the extra fuel, EG at idle, each squirt is 14cc so the total intake of mix is 28cc of fuel and 372cc of air (or how much idle air intake is, probably a lot less) just one shot is going to sit there till the next intake..

now I'm done working on a ford, I have a few cold weekends to get the AE82 preped for the 7A.

On 08/05/2017 at 10:53 AM, LittleRedSpirit said:

Basically you are relying on your manifold design to evenly distribute fuel air mixture.  It probably wont.

you're right, its not a F1 engine with the straight runners. I just had a random shower thought I wanted to bounce, no need to change the tried and true that toyota setup for this engine.

I could spend money chasing small numbers, or just use it the way it was intended. I will over time attempt to make it breath better and brace up the weak spots, but that could take it down the path of rebuilding hell.