Swapping Out KE20 Front Hubs To Get 114.3 PCD

Being in the UK its a struggle to get replacement parts for my KE20 which is getting a 4AGE conversion.

As part of the job I want to change the standard wheel bolt pattern to the more favourable 114.3mm.

Having searched and searched for KE30 parts I have what i need to do the rear but cannot find any KE30 front hubs but I do have access to a pair of Starlet KP60 front hubs.

Everyone in the UK here says they are a straight swap for the KE20's allowing the KE20 brake set up to remain but I just wanted to check with you guys if this is correct.

Advice/confirmation would be appreciated.

Edited by corollaTE27Fan

Members dont see this ad

Hi Keith,

I've heard that the KE20 inner hub bearing, is slightly smaller than the inner bearing on the KE30, so not sure whether the stub axles are the same profile.

I'll know in the next week or so, as we are about to try and upgrade a RollaClub members KE20 to KE30 or KE55 rotors and calipers.  We will have all the bits here to do a trial fit in the next few days, to work out what fits & what doesn't, so will be able to let you know.

Cheers Banjo

• 3 months later...

Euro kp61 had larger brakes 225mm? but I believe the rest of the world had the same 200mm disk in kp's. so no point swapping the lot. Kp6 caliper fits direct to the strut anyway whereas ke has backing plates.

when I did the kp hub conversion I tried to use the kp disk but the inner step on the disk was a mm or two larger and interferred with the ke2 caliper.  this couldve been turned down smaller and may have been a manufacturing difference from a different brand disk.  dunno.  I kept the ke2 disk. Done.

Ke3 has a larger I.D. on the inner bearing. Swap the inner bearing and seal to a ke2 or kp6 one and ke3 hub will fit ke2 strut.