Jump to content
Jono.C

Ke17 Sprinter

Recommended Posts

 

Been doing some small things while i wait for parts to arrive. Added some rubber under the battery clamp i made and cut the posts a little with some wingnuts replacing standard nuts to make it look a little better. Started modifying a console for it too.

 

One of the hardest things to find for these is an intact radio blanking plate. I hate the look of a new headunit in the steel dash but couldn't find a plate to save myself.

Luckily i did however have 2 halves. The corolla lettered part was quite bent but all i could find (actually came in the ke10 i just wrecked)

Went to see a local plastic welder who's done a few jobs for me in the past and left it with it. Damn happy with what he came up with! looks factory and even managed to flatten it out.

 

Now just need to redo the silver lettering and highlights

 

37377004_10213992815712099_7426600652148572160_n

 

37789481_10214042276588590_8116702970634043392_n (1)

Pretty happy with it

 

 

 

 

Edited by Jono.C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members dont see this ad

Brake hardlines done both front and rear all remade. Just awaiting softlines now and I can bleed it up. Booked for an exhaust mid August

 

43689351271_db31893914_b.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brakes are finished and working. May try rebleeding though as i'm not convinced it's full pedal pressure at the moment. Rears need adjusting also as they're dragging but i just wanted to get them working for it to go on the towtruck tomorrow to get the exhaust made

Bolted bonnet on and sorted out a new bootlock so that latches also

38993036_2177904665819304_2522363331491135488_n38954575_216279679049317_9153703290741981184_n

 

Also re-lettered the radio blanking plate. pretty happy with how it came out

 

38831590_485002348633544_627150828209176576_n

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Exhaust is done. Flanged at extractors and above diff. 2" straight through with one muffler. Went 2" so i can re-use it with the 7k.

Due to the bigger ke70 gearbox and the xmember there was no room to tuck it through the gap so he went around. This actually works out better though as i won't have issues when the car see's a t50. And still tons of clearance from exhaust to ground also.

 

39136581_235727637146939_492297694157471744_o

 

39098024_235729623813407_3318592784327245824_o

 

39151733_235733583813011_4710939143520124928_o

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't been working on this much, been working on other cars or house stuff mostly. 

Going to re-do brakes to include a ke20 brake proportioning valve to see if it improves them.

My coilovers are finished and just need to sort the camber tops now. They've had 4" cut out of the strut tubes to accept short stroke gas inserts which are 100mm shorter in total.

Changed the top of the strut body to ke55 so they have external gland nuts making it easier to get the shocks out later on. Hsd weld on sleeve kit fitted also. 

Pretty happy with them size wise, at 4" lower than stock they're fully captive with the helper spring. Adjustable range is between 2-5" lower than factory so plenty of room to play with ride height.

20181014_153738

 

Edited by Jono.C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't done too much to this thing of late. Been a bit busy with other things..

Managed to get camber tops all sorted and machined the top hats to suit needle bearings for them also.

Been spending time on my newest project i grabbed a while ago and finally got registered so now i should be able to get back into it.

I'll upload a photo of the newest toy below 

47388962_457039204829375_7840087908332601344_n

 

47398071_206060196943191_3257996121540132864_n

 

46279534_2178585599021336_842925806157037568_n

 

 

 

Edited by Jono.C
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2018 at 7:49 PM, Jono.C said:

Yeah to me i don't want to kill the feel of the car. I've had ke1x with rack and pinion and driven 4a powered ones also, and i think you start to lose the car.

With a few small mods plus it wont be running a/c p/s etc like the do in the vans it'll be more than enough. And at the end of the day i don't want to do anything non reversible

 

Fiiinally tracked down this little bastard. I was not familiar with the setup when i ordered the master, and it's different to anything else i've ever played with but it works. Now just need to make the new front brake lines and get new hoses made and it can go for an exhaust 

 

36352009_10213840592306609_839332902805176320_n

 

 

what is that fitting called and where can you get them?

i need one to

cheers

darren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly couldn't tell you sorry.. Came off a gd galant at the wreckers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i struggled to find one anywhere i thought it may come with the master when i bought it..

Could try gumtree or galant facebook groups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...