Ke30 front bumper fog light and indicator playing up

彬ke30

Help!!! 

Trying to get my ke back on the road and Iv just got the engine running after 5 years but now my front bumper fog lights are playing up. 

When I'm indicating, instead of the actual indicator blinking the fog lights blink instead  

Iv tried checking the wiring but it all seems fine. Everything else is working. 

Pleasse help 

Members dont see this ad

I have earth two wires but I got no idea what their actually for. Umm the only two main earth that I know of is the earth that goes onto the block and another to the battery. Is there meant to be any earth cables of any of the light wiring ? 

Thanks 

If you follow the wires from the fog lights one of them will go to a grounding bolt (or possibly front turning lights ground wire which will then go to a grounding bolt)

Remove the bolt, clean the contact faces and re-bolt it.

I'm not familiar with KE30s but the wiring diagram shows an earth for each front turning light.

• Upvote 1

Hi Kevin,

The whole body of the car is the return path for all accessories to the negative terminal of the battery.  Because the fog lamps & front turn indicators are on the bumper bar, both turn & fog lights will have an earth wire going back to the body, which I'm guessing is not grounded at all, or is rusty.  When this earth is not present, both lights will try to work at the same time in series, which means each has 6 volts across it, which makes them both dim, & the turn indicators flash at a slow rate, because there is less current flowing through the turn indicators flasher unit.

Do as Jon has suggested, & run a wire from the negative battery terminal to the turn indicators & the fog light earth wires, which could be a white wire.  I'm guessing that the where the bumper bar bracket bolts onto the chassis is very rusty also.

Let us know if that fixes it.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo
  • Upvote 1