Newbie says hello

Members dont see this ad

Welcome welcome, What country are you from mate?

AE110 you say. That the bug eye one with the 7afe? My wife had an 2001 corolla for quite a few years. great car. We did nothing to it but change oil and tyres. just kept on truckin'. Talk about dependable. 

Feel free to start a members ride thread and post up some photos. 

This forum was traditionally for the older corollas (70s and 80s) however as time goes on 90s and 2000s corollas are starting to appear as they are becoming old enough to become enthusiasts cars. I think i've been here for about 10yrs now, and some others who are still around were before me. Id like to think rollaclub has a nice small group of somewhat mature members who stick around. 

How long are they going to be around? Rollaclub.com only stays online cause irokin keeps paying the bill. I fear that that alot of great information that was acumulated on forums between say 2001 and ~2013 will eventually be lost.

Yep- Youngsters these days have no idea of the world before the internet and how hard (and expensive!) it was gathering knowledge.  You had to buy weekly or monthly magazines for news about your car enthusiasm, and more importantly to see the ads of things like BOOKS about you car! There was no fast way to solve problems or modify your car unless you formed a real car club like Toymods and went along to meetings.

Already massive amounts of knowledge have vanished, photos taken down, links broken, and if it all ends up as Facebook then this golden internet age will be just a flash in the pan. Mind you, with people saying petrol-driven cars will be gone in a couple of decades, maybe it won't be important. 

Just how many petrol stations will stay in business when you charge your electric car while you're at the supermarket?