AE71 High Roof Panel Van Tacho Dash Into KE70 High Roof Wagon Non Tacho Dash

86Ali

OK, so this will be my info log, as well as my question.

So I have searched the internet and looked at all the guides and read all the threads (Toymods, AE86DC and Rolla Club), but don't seem to find any specifics to my case.

Long story, my High Roof AE71 Panel Van body harness is stuffed due to part out, (where I bought as rolling shell) aftermarket ECU, Stereo, alarm and keyless entre were removed with little respect for the original harnesses, a rats nest with chops and hacks, not usable.

I was given a warning from seller at time of purchase that the engine and body wiring needed to be redone.

I found a KE70 High roof wagon and removed engine and body looms thinking that they would be the same.

I have swapped out the looms, some of the wiring is the same, but particularly the dash / instrument cluster connector pinouts differ.

It is not a straight swap, I have compared the tacho dash wires with the non tacho dash wiring, and reference that against the Toymods write up, some is ok, but some is different.

AE71 High Roof Panel Van Tacho Instrument Panel Clear Connector

AE71%20Van%20Clear%20Plug_zpss9hn3f3v.jp

KE70 High Roof Wagon Non Tacho Instrument Panel Clear Connector

KE70%20Wagon%20Clear%20Plug_zpslzlfzkwq.

AE71 High Roof Panel Van Tacho Instrument Panel Blue Connector

AE71%20Van%20Blue%20Plug_zpsexi7hu7c.jpg

KE70 High Roof Wagon Non Tacho Instrument Panel Blue Connector

KE70%20Wagon%20Blue%20Plug_zpsvbs8nshg.j

AE71 High Roof Panel Van Tacho Instrument Panel Grey Connector

AE71%20Van%20Grey%20Plug%202_zpsrt8xci0o

KE70 High Roof Wagon Non Tacho Instrument Panel Grey Connector

KE70%20Wagon%20Grey%20Plug_zpstaoklp6n.j

My Plan is to re-pin the KE70 Connectors to macth the AE71 Connectors, firstly making sure the the wires terminate to the same plugs and positions.

This I can do, but for now I need to know, for the KE70 Wagon Blue connector, the first pin (from the left) green wire makes its way up and across to the towards the LHS of the dash, does any one know what its purpose is?

I downloaded KE70 wiring diagram to check this, but I must be dumb, I can't make heads or tails out of it...

Edited by 86Ali
Can't spell

Members dont see this ad