Ke25 Project on the go

chiller75

A big Hello to everyone I'm new on here and just purcahsed a old time favourite (what a privlidge) 1972 Toyota Crorolla Ke25 starting to restore it I'm probably going to go down the te27 bodystyle route, with a turbo engine of some sort any suggestions will be great preferably toyota turbo engine.

Body will be fully stripped media blasted, welded cleaned up and rust proofed sealed.

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

Edited by chiller75
spelling
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Hey that looks like a 3KB engine with the twin carbs and original air cleaner. If the engine is the original it will have a factory sporty cam and the head should have big valves. Very collectable these days. don't go dumping it. And you have the factory tacho in the dash also rare. Looks like you are well on your way to a great project looking forward to see some progress pics. 

Welcome!  A bit of work there but looks like you are well on the way.  Your're in NZ at a guess?

You might want to consider relocating the battery across to the passenger side like on a TE27 whilst you are doing your welding work, unless you intend putting it in the boot.  Will give more room for induction setups.

And yes, worth putting the engine away for a rainy day.  And be careful of the accelerator cable, and cable clamp - They are twin carb specific and very hard to find.

Thanks guys appreciated, and yes it is a twin carb original, but i have plans on upgrading and yes more pics will follow the media blasting has been done and i will update pics of the progress, any suggestions will be more then appreciated.

3 hours ago, chiller75 said:

Thanks guys appreciated, and yes it is a twin carb original, but i have plans on upgrading and yes more pics will follow the media blasting has been done and i will update pics of the progress, any suggestions will be more then appreciated.

Or you could sell it to me to free up some space if you like :D

• 10 months later...