Ke70 engine conversions?

Members dont see this ad

Sleepers are the only way to go for a long term on the road project.

SR20, 4G63, 3SGTE, F20C.  I did a 2AZFE but nobody has been silly enough to copy me.

Plenty of options, some easier than others, and all a lot of fun when finished.  Lets face it, the K motor is 60 year old tech or more.  We still love it, but there are so many options now.

I personally like NA motors to drive, but they arent as sleepy when your actuallly driving it unless you go for maximium cubic ccs.

Start with a rwd motor like sr20 or 3sge Beams and you have a pretty good shot at doing a quick conversion.  Start with a fwd 3sgte, 2az, 4g63, etc and it gets harder, you end up making not just mounts but manifolds, and maybe finding a rwd tranny to fit is harder.  I wanted to design my own inlet manifold and exhaust so I was happy enough to use a fwd motor, but mating it was an issue till I worked out the details.

• 3 weeks later...

the sr20det or de+t is one of the better bang for buck conversions for a rwd 4cyl turbo.  And with a huge aftermarket parts market it's a great choice.  Realise tho that your gearbox, diff, driveshaft, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, efi and fuel systems all need upgrading to match the increased power.

I went through all this building a ke70 drifter with 3t-gte and using all toyota parts it's a bit of a mission and expense.  and that was a decade ago.