4AGE KE70 CONVERSION

YFEAR

Members dont see this ad

I had a few iterations of fuel system in my ke70 4age,

- I ran a bosch external pump bolted next to the fuel tank at first, it worked fine, but the pump was noisy as - bosch external pumps do not like sucking fuel

-2nd iteration was a 500ml surge tank bolted next to the bosch pump using an external "rattler" fuel pump as the lift pump.

Here is a DIY i did...bloody 8yrs ago:|

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/8255-UNDERCAR-surge-tank-KE70

3rd iteration was when the rattler pump died. I put an internal lift pump in from a commodore i think, this was the best setup. only 1 pump outside, and the fuel system was silent all the time. 

Some photos of it in here,

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/6459-ke70daves-ke70!/page5

In terms of actual fuel starvation from only using the external pump in the first iteration, I don't believe i ever experienced anyway but i never tracked it. I advocate for the 3rd iteration because of the silence, the bosch external pumps really do not like sucking fuel, so the lift pump supplies a positive pressure at the pump and it keeps it happy. 

You can pickup a bosch internal pump for like 40bucks, the external pumps are a bit exy as they are high pressure, but bargains can be had. a surge tank was like 80, and then make sure you get the proper t-bar type hose clamps for fuel systems. 

Obviously the ae86 jdm tank is the go if you can find one, but they are few and far between. they come up every now and then though. 

Edited by ke70dave