Supercharged 4K Build recommendations

Members dont see this ad
On 2017-6-20 at 5:40 PM, altezzaclub said:

Going for the alty mount (passenger's side?) or aircon mount on the driver's??

Making a new inlet manifold?? One that faces forward?

Moving the battery down to the chassis on the driver's side? Easy to do and gives a lot of space on the passenger's.

Uprighting the motor?!  The way it is just makes everything to do with induction a problem.

I think I'll just go with the AC mount similar to this guy's. It seems super simple, which is a big plus.

My battery is already relocated to the boot. Because racecar.

Not planning on uprighting the motor. How does the slant hurt induction?

post-11811-065404200 1297166920.jpg

That is the simplest way to go.

The slant just adds to the inlet convolutions, and to make it straighter you have to upright and make a new inlet manifold.

With a blower on it doesn't matter that much, you just push air around the corners. 

Take photos as you go, I'm dyng to see it put together!

• 1 month later...

Did this go any further?

Poor fuel on a hot day with an engine breathing heavily on pcv fumes revving out around a corner and running out of fuel... who knows.  pistons can crack if detonation occurs or an overheat..  my old 5k was pinging daily on a concoction of blowby fumes and dodgy ignition heh.

Soo have you got a recirculating bypass valve planned for that blow thru setup?  Or are you wanting to cook the charger vane coating off with 20psi of deceleration boost :)

• 5 months later...

I tried supercharging (SC14)my 4k, but on a pressurized box set-up. It was a DIY project. At first I tried doing the blow through approach but it was a failure. Everytime the SC was running, fuel inside the stock carby would be leaking out due to the air pressure.

Since it was a failure, i did the pressurized box set-up and installed a BOV. It worked perfectly. 

You guys can view my video on youtube. Its the "Supercharged 4k on Rn10"