Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B.L.Z.BUB

B.L.Z.Bub goes lowco

22 posts in this topic

Maybe not a corolla but at least it's a Toyota. 

1998 Rzn149 Hilux

With a snail.

Specs: no idea. Literally took a gamble, sold the 33 and snapped it up. 

I quit my job and have decided to start my own business as a handyman. But of course I couldn't get any old ute. 

Mechanically it seems to be A1. There are a lot of small things that need to be taken care of to tidy it up a bit but nothing major. 

Just been Choo chooing it around most of the Arvo with a big grin on my face. It's got so much character. 

I've never owned a ute before. Don't have any major plans as it will be a work ute. I'm gonna go over it all, bring everything up to my specs then just let it evolve. 

20170623_192019.jpg20170623_184140.jpg20170623_175404.jpg20170623_131746.jpg20170623_140939.jpg20170623_131739.jpgad_1497517850214.jpgad_1497517854251.jpgad_1497517861086.jpg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members dont see this ad

Looks sweet as man! What kind of TLC does it need?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid shit like the head unit not mounted properly. Lots of little easy jobs. Won't cost me any money just time. 

Need an uncut front grill. Don't like that exposed fmic. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a neat ride. I have a 2004 model as my business ute. Unfortunately some distracted soccer mum ploughed me from behind at a roundabout. My insurance paid me out coz they couldn't get a tub to replace mine. So i have been searching for one for the last few months. I even went to the enchanted forest where those unicorns sell stuff but no good. Do you know what the wheels are off. I have one as a spare and they really suite the styling of the body. Happy Uting and good luck with the bizz.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good base but for serious work duties you may end up selling the styleside and going trayback.  What sortof handyman stuff are you looking at?  A franchise like Hire a Hubby or starting something yourself?

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Big G said:

That is a neat ride. I have a 2004 model as my business ute. Unfortunately some distracted soccer mum ploughed me from behind at a roundabout. My insurance paid me out coz they couldn't get a tub to replace mine. So i have been searching for one for the last few months. I even went to the enchanted forest where those unicorns sell stuff but no good. Do you know what the wheels are off. I have one as a spare and they really suite the styling of the body. Happy Uting and good luck with the bizz.

Wheels are off a Ford territory 

4 hours ago, LittleRedSpirit said:

A good base but for serious work duties you may end up selling the styleside and going trayback.  What sortof handyman stuff are you looking at?  A franchise like Hire a Hubby or starting something yourself?

 

 

Got a bit of ABN work with another handyman and I'm gonna build up my own business. 

2 hours ago, ke70dave said:

oh interesting.

what ECU is it running?

Ummm. Dunno lol. Guessing stock. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that info. If you do decide to swap your tub for a tray let me know coz I may be looking for one at the rate I am going.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won't be swapping bro. Style side is life 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So yeah, stock ecu. 

Fmic was floating so I mounted it properly.

Hid the HIDS.

Fixed the park lights.

Secured the pod filter.

Tidied up the amp wiring in the engine bay. 

Pulled the dash out and got rid of the green dash leds and replaced with blue. 

Now to find the alarm/central locking and sort that out. 

Also doesn't seem to have a horn.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And need to do a muffler delete and throw some blast pipes on or something. Really needs a good exhaust note. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, B.L.Z.BUB said:

So yeah, stock ecu. 

Fmic was floating so I mounted it properly.

Hid the HIDS.

Fixed the park lights.

Secured the pod filter.

Tidied up the amp wiring in the engine bay. 

Pulled the dash out and got rid of the green dash leds and replaced with blue. 

Now to find the alarm/central locking and sort that out. 

Also doesn't seem to have a horn.

You probably already know this, but that cheap boss kit that's on it is the same one I had on my 30, the lining up for the horn pin thing is horrible and doesn't work. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It literally doesn't even have a physical horn lol. At least I can't find one in the engine bay.  

I pulled the dash apart and found the central locking kit. For some reason it can't make the actuators work. They work fine off my drill battery. 

So I ripped it all out. It has a starter motor/ignition immobiliser which I've rewired into a kill switch. 

20170625_140614.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So....

Didn't have an overflow bottle. Generic Supercheap one installed 

The washer bottle in the wheel well had been rubbed open by the larger wheels and wouldn't hold water. Generic Supercheap one installed ✓

no horn, generic.. etc ✓

the left front indicator fell off sonewhere, sorted one on eBay. Yet to install. 

bought a bunch of exhaust pipe to make a new one ✓

have some lights I'm gonna modify as reverse lights as I'm pretty sure the tail lights are altezza style clear ones painted red. ✓

Center support bearing replaced as it sounded like a meat grinder ✓ (new one whines like my missus, not happy)

tail gate bolts tightened and adjusted so it doesn't rattle like 2 skeletons fucking in a 44 gallon drum ✓

Aftermarket FPR mounted properly instead of zip ties ✓

needs:

rear shocks, STAT

front wheel alignment. 

sunvisors (may make custom ones)

wouldn't mind replacing the seatbelts

need to lose the Fardi and get a decent steering wheel, wouldn't mind another Grip Royal. 

full fluid flush. 

aftermarket gauges. Probably just oil temp and pressure and a water temp off the radiator outlet. Still dunno where to put them. Maybe lose the double din head unit and go single and do something similar to the R33 gauges. 

So, I bought a pig. In saying that at least it's all pretty easily fixable. 

I do love it. So much lol. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0