Ke70 drum to disc upgrade?

Max666

Members dont see this ad

Pretty much impossible on the standard differential without custom made things. 

Most people ugprade the differential with something that can take an LSD that also has disc brakes. 

T18 or ae86 diff is a very popular swap and is well documented. however i don't believe a tail shaft exists that will work with the 4k motor, assuming you still have a 4k motor. 

• Upvote 1

Thankyou Ke70dave 

in that case, is there a step by step on the ae86 conversion, as this car is a father / son project, and safety is my priority. I'm looking longer term, at an engine swap as the 4K is pretty tired. So the priority is to upgrade the braking for now. 

Don't worry about the rears, do the fronts first if not done already... and then rears are almost just for drift hydro handbrake antics.

Would suggest to convert to ae86 front setup first with brake upgrade for ae86 and then later do t series diff conversion which allows 

lsd options and drum to disc options... Suspension options also open up with ae86 fronts / t series rear end for more performance...

On 6/26/2017 at 11:37 AM, ke70dave said:

T18 or ae86 diff is a very popular swap and is well documented. however i don't believe a tail shaft exists that will work with the 4k motor, assuming you still have a 4k motor. 

TA22 tailshaft will let you connect a k series box to a T series diff.  I have one inbetween a k50 and a RA40 T series diff.