Sign in to follow this  
Burcoty

Melb White AE86 ADM Hatch; Fresh Respray, Shockworks, 20v, LSD, New+++

Burcoty    4

Price: $17k neg

BODY
- Fresh Respray in White.
- The small amount of rust that was present was professionally romoved and repaired.
- Carbon? Fibre Bonnet
- Shaved boot lock
- Shaved antenna hole
- Seams welded in engine bay
- Whiteline tail lights with number plate garnish
- Near new headlights and parkers
- Rolled front and rear guards
- New windscreen

DRIVETRAIN
- Silvertop 20v 4AGE (freshly serviced)
- Microtech lt-8 ecu profesionally wired up by Maztec
- Samq 50mm velocity stacks
- New uniflow sock filters
- Samq Coil mounts
- Samq coil blockoff plate
- Samq rwd thermostat and rad pipe
- Samq rwd heater adapter
- Cusco engine and gearbox mounts
- New Aluminium Radiator
- New stainless 4-1 extractors (kaizen garage)
- New tucked 2" exhaust. (Driven for 1hr)
- T50 gearbox in good cond with short shifter. No grinding, shifts well.
- T-Series disk-disk LSD, thicker shaft version.

SUSPENSION
- Brand New 2nd gen Shockworks coilovers, driven <50km
- New Superpro urathane bushes front to rear.
- New rack ends
- New rack boots
- New adjustable tierod ends
- Adjustable panhard rod
- New Ball Joints
- New front wheel bearings

BRAKES
- Disk rear end
- New braided brake and clutch lines
- Refurbished brake master cylinder with steel insert
- New Pads

INTERIOR
- New Carpet
- Complete Plastics (painted matt black)
- AJPS dashmat
- 80s style leather stearing wheel

WHEELS
- New Rota 15x8 0 offset Rims
- New 205/55 Federal 595 RSR Tires (driven less than 50km)

No rwc or rego.
The car will need engineered to get rwc with the suspension and wheels.
Rwc inspection will be carried out and all other issues resolved before sale.

Pics will be uploaded once car is re-assembled from being resprayed.

Cheers,
Tyrone

Edited by Burcoty
Updated

Members dont see this ad

I really like it, but I think it might be a big ask without rwc for the asking price, but that's what negotiation is for.  All the best with it.  You will want to keep it once you paint it.

All I really mean is, a sale is a lot easier if the rego is easy to get.  Theres a reason dealers dont put a car on the lot until they are properly detailed and roadworthied, it makes the sale a lot easier.  Youre offering a fairly finished proposition and that is a lot of work, Id hate to see you do a great job painting it and then struggle to sell it without rwc.  Again, all the best.  Ill stay tuned for you other build.

• Upvote 1

ke70dave    202

Is this a build thread or a for sale thread?

Why don't you complete the car, get it registered, drive it to get out all the gremlins from the build,  take some proper photos, then try and sell it complete?

17k is alot for a car that is still being built. Not denying its going to be nice when its done, but we can only imagine at this stage. 

altezzaclub    196

I'm with dave- you're so close to finishing it, just get it done!

There's an enormous gap between buying a finished, registered car you can drive home, and buying someone's unfinished project that may be full of fishooks when it comes to rego time.  That risk has to be worth $5k or more for a car like this, and you not only get the extra money but it will sell much faster.

Without rego you are selling to people like me, I beat someone down for something I can fix up because I know all the people out there with money but no mechanical skills can't buy it. That makes the market pretty small.

Were really trying to be nice but we dont allow eoi.

You need an asking price and a deal that's a known quantity.

90 percent of EOI have just been people looking to value something, or assuming its rarer than it is and eventually arguing with people about the value.  No sales generally result.

Its a better to offer a clear indication of the finished product before selling, most people wont get involved with a car that's being painted unless they can choose the colour and make it their own.

Burcoty    4
14 hours ago, altezzaclub said:

I'm with dave- you're so close to finishing it, just get it done!

There's an enormous gap between buying a finished, registered car you can drive home, and buying someone's unfinished project that may be full of fishooks when it comes to rego time.  That risk has to be worth $5k or more for a car like this, and you not only get the extra money but it will sell much faster.

Without rego you are selling to people like me, I beat someone down for something I can fix up because I know all the people out there with money but no mechanical skills can't buy it. That makes the market pretty small.

Thanks for the input.

Car will have a rwc check prior to purchase so that the buyer is aware of exactly what the car needs.

12 hours ago, LittleRedSpirit said:

Were really trying to be nice but we don&#39;t allow eoi.

You need an asking price and a deal that's a known quantity.

90 percent of EOI have just been people looking to value something, or assuming its rarer than it is and eventually arguing with people about the value.  No sales generally result.

Its a better to offer a clear indication of the finished product before selling, most people wont get involved with a car that's being painted unless they can choose the colour and make it their own.

I had overlooked that EOI was not allowed, my apologies.

I put up the thread initially for that exact reason, that potential buyers could have chosen paint had they got in touch and come to an arrangement.

Since the reaction has been pretty negative I've altered the thread to conform to the rules and will not update it again until it's complete.

Tyrone.