Vehicle re-power laws Vic?

megamannz123

Hi all, 

Ive been on the Vic roads site but can't find the info i'm after.

Is there a formula used to calculate engine capacity to vehicle weight that engineers use in Vic? I have read 3x for NA, or 2.5x Forced induction in a few old post from different states. Or is it solely up to the Engineer to deem the vehicle as being safe no matter what the engine size. 

I'm considering which engine to use in a ke25 760kg project. 13bbp, SR20, 4AGE, 3SGE, F20C or a turbo variant.

Members dont see this ad

Your best bet is to ring an engineer and discuss things.

If you are nice and have details ready, most engineers will be more than happy to have a chat to you. Read as much as possible, learn the words, there are many aspects to a cage, half cage, full cage, roll hoops, side intrusion, cross braces, drilling through the dash or not, material specs, welding specs. the more you know, the more that an engineer will be willing to talk to you.

Simply asking "hey can i put a cage in my car" is going to be met with an unenthusiastic engineer. 

I have called one or two over the years and basically told them outright that everything i was talking about was purely in the planning stages, and they were even more than happy to talk as what they hate is "hey i built this thing, can you engineer it". They like to be involved from the beginning so there are no surprises. 

I'm an engineer myself, and one of these days i will get my mod plate license.....doesn't look too bad really to get it. just gotta get my RPEQ first...