Ok so, 

A little while back i did an electronic dizzy conversion on my ke70, (which ill actually write up a guide for due to the internal ignitor) and ive made my tacho not work anymore. Everything else on the cluster works fine, lights gauges etc. I was wondering if in the engine bay however there is a tacho wire that runs to the coil thats ive cut through at 3am by accident weeks ago.

If anyone could provide assistance through pictures, ill owe you a crisp high five

Cheers

~Ethan

Members dont see this ad
1 hour ago, Radical_Jesus said:

I was wondering if in the engine bay however there is a tacho wire that runs to the coil thats ive cut through at 3am by accident weeks ago

What on earth?

If you cut wires did you put them back together? why are you cutting wires at 3am? 

How bout some photos of these wires you cut;)

All you need is the wire from the tacho to go to your coil -ve, its that simple.

Stock wire is black, with a purple extension going around the engine bay to the passenger's side in slanty KE70s.

The electronic dizzy has no effect on the tacho circuit.

"why are you cutting wires at 3am?  "  Yes, the time when young men do stupid things!

Ok I haven't put them back together yet, but basically I sorted out the electronic dizzy issue from forever ago (you guys remember that conundrum?) 
Got trigger happy and cut back all the wires from the stock loom, so now all I have going to the coil is the 12v to the positive haha
if I were a betting man, there was a white and black wire with a ring terminal on the end that I guess was it, but i'll have a look for the black wire today.

I would upload some pictures, but I'll have to borrow a friends phone or something, my screen died yesterday :/

As for 3am, I work nightfill, so thats about mid afternoon for me! hahaha