Engine options or ke25

devilsix

What engine options do i have for mye ke25? i don't want any steering og firewall cutting or modification.  i can make engine and trans mounts myself.   been looking for a 4age but hard to find or very expensive.  also wamt a turbo engine :D  it doesnt need to be a toyota engine.

Members dont see this ad

If you can make engine and trans mounts than if you can dream it, you can install it. 

Reality is by now, every engine imaginable has been put into a ke25.

Also remember that the ke20,ke25, ke30,ke55 are all fairly simlilar in size. so if an engine fits in one, it fits in another 

The obvious easy choice is an sr20det from a Silvia. Complete with manual gearbox, 

First google search gave me this popular thread where you can read all about the perils of such a conversion.

if you think a 4age is expensive, start adding up the REAL costs of a turbo engine in a ke25:)

Buying and fitting the engine realistically is the easiest and cheapest part of the process. It gets expensive and harder after that with the myriad other items that need to be bought and fabricated. To make it run and stop without breaking anything else. Even with just a 4age. 

Research hard, and start saving