Decent trolley jack?

megamannz123

Members dont see this ad

For the last 10yrs ive been using cheap trolley jacks. Been through 3 id say. All work fine for few hrs but eventually fsiled, one was about 100, others cheaper 50dollar jobs on special at super cheap. One the chassis bent....

For my 30th I bit the bullet and got an aluminium jack from tradetools. It is incredible. Bit over your budget but if you can wait a bit and save a bit it is weellll worth it.

https://www.tradetools.com/product-range/machinery-and-workshop/garage-equipment/trolley-jacks/bahco-2000kg-alum-trolley-jack

• Upvote 1

I also need to bite the bullet.  Have three cheapo ones lying about the shed, plus the three separate handles as the handle from each is specific and I never fail to grab the wrong one then search high and low for either the right handle, or the right jack for the handle I have.  I think that makes sense.

But especially I need one that is low enough to come in from the side, as I generally have to raise the car a little with a scissor jack to get the trolley jack underneath.

What's this one like for overall height KE70dave?  Plus if spending a bit more coin, you would want to be able to get it serviced if required.  Bahco a good brand?

Parrott, not sure on bahco as a brand. Their website suggests they are decent. 

My mate had one for a few yrs and never had any problems so for 400bucks I have it ago. 

I think lowest point is 90mm....i think some go lower but the price goes up. 

90mm is low enough for the e30 but what is great is the reach. My old hydraulic jack would go low enough but it would be tricky to get the first few pumps. The bahco is quite long so the pole is outside body of car both front and rear.

yeah it is amazing how good a good jack is. I mean yeah you can get by with a cheap one, and i have for many years. As afterall you put it on jack stands anyway. Back in the day i used to stuff around with scizzor jacks and what not swapping wheels, oh if i only had a good jack back then. 

The Bahco one, like most i assume in this price bracket, has a quick pump feature. I think you can pump the thing from min to max in 2 full pumps when it is unlaiden. Handy when taking car off jack.  

Admittedly these days i don't jack the car up very much, but when i do....its awesome.

Edited by ke70dave

• 2 weeks later...