how to convert flat headlights to quadlights? KE70 '83

KE70ph

Members dont see this ad

Buy quad light setup, genuine japanese/newzealand will cost you a bit, including grill.

If you have flat front already, just a matter of bolting it all up. 

Wiring might be an issue if you are not electrically minded. I cant remember if OEM the quad lights are sealed beams or if they are H4 bulb. either way to get the inside lights to light up you will need to run a relay from your high beam.

On 08/09/2017 at 8:34 AM, ke70dave said:

Buy quad light setup, genuine japanese/newzealand will cost you a bit, including grill.

Wiring might be an issue if you are not electrically minded. I cant remember if OEM the quad lights are sealed beams or if they are H4 bulb. either way to get the inside lights to light up you will need to run a relay from your high beam.

They are sealed but semi sealed globes to suit h4s are readily available. 

I can supply a basic plug and play loom for quads 

• 2 years later...
On 9/8/2017 at 6:34 AM, ke70dave said:

Wiring might be an issue if you are not electrically minded. I can't remember if OEM the quad lights are sealed beams or if they are H4 bulb. either way to get the inside lights to light up you will need to run a relay from your high beam.

Hey man its been a year. I'm in process converting my flat front(rectangular headlights) to quadlights. Do i need to change my bonnet, apron and fenders, radiator support? 

20170910_164220.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yes if you want full quad head light setup you will need those things but I don’t think you’ll need too change anything with the radiator support. I’m going too be doing the same thing as I like the quad headlight but not enough too spend $1000 for everything needed so I will be doing the bezel and grill with a bit off costum work not too hard should fit fine and way cheaper then buying a full front end for quads.

pics are from: tongo_bongo. On Instagram 

B899DBBB-007D-436C-8EFA-9FFC7F9195E0.jpeg

551D471F-6D7B-4788-92DA-FE0F60868E47.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Oh the newbs today.

Thats GL front with the big corner light, and its different gaurds to how the quad light setup originally came.  It was on the adm style flat front, not the pano style.

Problem you all have is we modified these cars so much, you have to refer to brochures to find out the new spec of each model.  Relying on pics of modified projects for reference is not accurate.