Ignition timing help. My car wont start

KE70ph

This is my first car I'm new here. Need help on wiring connections from primary wiring (high tension cord from ignition coil to distributor cap) 

Can someone provide an illustration of ignition coil to distributor wiring connections. 

Thanks! From philippines.

Members dont see this ad
4 minutes ago, KE70ph said:

This is my first car I'm new here. Need help on wiring connections from primary wiring (high tension cord from ignition coil to distributor cap) 

Can someone provide an illustration of ignition coil to distributor wiring connections. 

Thanks! From philippines.

20170909_184631.thumb.jpg.d890e8f2ec79376b2afa2bb9be801685.jpg

20170909_184601.jpg

20170909_184536.jpg

Do you still have a distributor in the car?  or is that the one you have taken out?   Do you want to fit that one??

The big trick is to get the teeth on the bottom gear meshing with the camshaft at the right place, and also getting that slot at the very bottom into the oil pump drive.. As you can see, the camshaft drives the distributor and the oil pump from that one gear.

If you have the points inside the dizzy just as they were on a running car, turn the engine to number one cyl top dead center and turn the rotor to line up with number one cyl spark plug.  Usually the vac advance diaphram more-or-less faces the front of the car.

Slide the dizzy in and give the rotor a wiggle. It should drop right to the bottom of the locking plate, so the O-ring is down in the block.  If it doesn't, don't force it, but take it out and carefully turn the shaft about one tooth, then try again.  If it doesn't go right in, move it a couple of teeth in the other direction. You can see the oil pump drive down the hole, but the slope on the gears means the shaft turns as you put it in, so you have to start with the slot off to one side.

When that it in, turn the dizzy so the points are just opening with the rotor on number one plug lead. Then its easy, once you have number one sorted the rotor fires number 3 next, the 4 then 2, moving clockwise. The middle lead goes to the coil.  You might have to swap leads around, so although their firing order stays the same, the starting point for number one cyl might be in a different hole in the cap. It depends on who set the dizzy up last.

Mine looks like this-

dizzy firing.jpg

Edited by altezzaclub

4 hours ago, altezzaclub said:

Do you still have a distributor in the car?  or is that the one you have taken out?   Do you want to fit that one??

The big trick is to get the teeth on the bottom gear meshing with the camshaft at the right place, and also getting that slot at the very bottom into the oil pump drive.. As you can see, the camshaft drives the distributor and the oil pump from that one gear.

If you have the points inside the dizzy just as they were on a running car, turn the engine to number one cyl top dead center and turn the rotor to line up with number one cyl spark plug.  Usually the vac advance diaphram more-or-less faces the front of the car.

Slide the dizzy in and give the rotor a wiggle. It should drop right to the bottom of the locking plate, so the O-ring is down in the block.  If it doesn't, don't force it, but take it out and carefully turn the shaft about one tooth, then try again.  If it doesn't go right in, move it a couple of teeth in the other direction. You can see the oil pump drive down the hole, but the slope on the gears means the shaft turns as you put it in, so you have to start with the slot off to one side.

When that it in, turn the dizzy so the points are just opening with the rotor on number one plug lead. Then its easy, once you have number one sorted the rotor fires number 3 next, the 4 then 2, moving clockwise. The middle lead goes to the coil.  You might have to swap leads around, so although their firing order stays the same, the starting point for number one cyl might be in a different hole in the cap. It depends on who set the dizzy up last.

Mine looks like this-

dizzy firing.jpg

Thanks for the help! It took me a whole day fixing my ignition timing just beacuse i forgot to install the pcv and the vacuum hoses that makes the car idling roughly.

Edited by KE70ph
Change