4AGE BT into K40 Tranny possible?

prawncrackers

Hey guys!

I'm working on a KE70. of course its pretty old and the motor is "functional", got plenty of issues, and is dying. heres what I'm planning to do:

1. instead of rebuilding the engine, ill do a swap which i was planning to do anyway. my cousin got a bt fwd 4age which he will sell to me for cheaps.

2. now i can't find a T50 or suitable other toyota rwd trannies YET and i know this is going to take quite a while.

3. need a car for dailies and commute so I'm planning to mate the old K40 to 4AGE. IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE WITH AN ADAPTER PLATE? or will something get in the way?

4. if it is possible, ill ask my friends who work in a fab school or someone else... whatever works.

5. daily the car careful not to floor or push the tranny hard. i usually travel light alone with sub 3k rpms.

6. look for a proper tranny.

thanks for your inputs.

Members dont see this ad

There are K-series boxes which come with the correct bellhousing to suit an A-series motor (bellhousing is integral), but they're few and far between especially in Aus (main source would be US-spec AE85s which had the 3A and K50.

As mentioned above you'd be much better suited to waiting until you can find a T50 (be careful as there are a couple of different versions) or go something like a W58 or J160 which have off-the-shelf adaptors.

• 3 weeks later...