KE55 bonnet latch cable

Big G

So disaster has struck the Princess' rolla I have been doing bits and pieces in preparation for the AC system install and over the weekend I had the grille out working out where the evap coil is gonna go. The Princess had to hurry off to some royal function so I didnt get a chance to put it back in much to her disgust. After a written warning from her this arvo I went to reinstall said grille. So I pulled on the bonnet catch lever and nothing, another and another still nothing I start to panic coz she is not gonna be happy. Upon closer inspection the cable has broken at the latch. So my question to you my learned Proffessors of Rollaology is there a substitute cable as i can only imagine how hard it is gonna be to track one down. Maybe the enchanted forest again. Any advice would be appreciated. Looking on the bright side at least the grille is out so its easy to get at the latch and cable end.

Members dont see this ad

Hi Graeme,

I've probably got a KE55 one here somewhere, at Greenbank.  Bit dark now, so will have to wait until morning.  Where about is the cable broken ?  I presume the catch itself is OK ?

If my search doesn't turn up something, then I'm sure Adrian  (Nesta) will probably have one. 

Cheers Banjo

Hey Banjo

It is right at the end of the cable as far as I can see. If you have one you are willing to part with that would be great. I was gonna give Adrian a call tomorrow to see if he had one. I know he is thining out his collection. Fingers crossed.

So i may have been a little hasty with my broken cable diagnosis and i found out the hard way. The Princess went out last night no big deal. Until I get a call at 10.30 saying my car wont start the battery is flat. So jumper leads in hand off i go into the night. half way there i remembered the bonnet wont pop. So I get there and have to pull the whole latch mechanism off to get the bonnet up. Having a closer look at the cable it appears intact so I will have to check it out in daylight  and not on the side of the road. I will let you guys know what I find. Stay tuned.