Rims to close to shocks?

DaMuN

Have a set of rims lying around, Delta meshies 14x7 not sure on offset.... Maybe around 25ish?Any way I trialled them and this is how close they sit to the shocks. 

Are they to close? 

Was thinking of 165/65r14 tyres for that stretch look and to keep the tyre wall away from the shocks. 

20171107_140140.jpg

20171107_140347.jpg

20171030_114006.jpg

20171030_113939.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Yer as much as it goes against my engineering "wisdom" there's nothung wrong with slapping a 10mm hub centric spacer on as long as the bolts are long enough. Make them fit a bit better too.

How are you measuring the width? Between the beads I hope? Not over all width. 

That is a bit close for my liking. 

Edited by ke70dave

Ke70dave- yeah I measured these rims a fair while ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if they not 7 wide. Probably 6 1/2 or 6 3/4. Thats also why I'm not 100% sure about the offset. 

Altezzaclub- all soughts of flex was my concern and why I'm asking for thoughts and advice. Luckily all the roads around me are being redone for heavy traffic from the mines. 

LittleRedSpirit- your personal experience is the confidence boost I needed hahaha cheers! 

I'll still get 165/65r14 and see how they go. I can always get some spacers later on, spose they will help "fill" the guards and increase track ever so little. 

Thanks everyone! Now on to the next thing to cross off the long to do list. 

Just put a good old fashion wooden ruler to the rims. They are 6inch  between the beads, not 7inch like I thought. 165 tyres won't have to stretch that much but will still have no side wall buldge. 

Off to Sydney in 2 weeks to pick up a set of fairly good 2nd hand tyres.