4k guru's get at me!

MrTougéTka

how is it u know there is an overfueling issue?
Overfueling rarely causes an engine to die, unless its effectively leaking into the carby throat at a ridiculous rate.
I'm almost certain its a lack of fuel, or spark.
When u say rolling up to lights it dies, this is typical of a fuel pump issue, and i experienced this exact thing myself with a temperamental electric pump pulling fuel which was also vapour locking due to heat and crappy fuel and crappy fuel line.
When driving along the float bowl is being emptied fast and pump is working hard and then all of a sudden when u slow down for the lights the fuel pump is slowed down and the bowl is almost empty and needs to fill up but the slow fuel supply from the slow fuel pump causes the bowl to be too low and it just cuts out because the level of fuel in the idle jet pickup chamber becomes too low.
The other thing that happens when cars go form driving to idle is sometimes the presence of a significant vacuum leak causes air to gush in through the leak and continue doing so for too long because air is easier to pull than fuel. and the fuel doesnt get time to get back in and combust before the engine just dies (this "phenomenon"  is why we have an accelerator pump) Rattle the PCV valve and make sure it rattles. if nto it may be stuck slightly open or be gummed up enough to cause a significant idle leak.

Edited by rebuilder86

Members dont see this ad