KE70 4K Interior Wire Problems.

nos399

Hi.. RollacLub Friends.

i have questions  my KE70 4K Engine (General Spec)

1.Rear Brake Light off
2.Engine Round Gauge (x1000 RPM) is off
3.Light Gauge is off (normal light & sign light eg.. Left / Right)
4.Wire broken by cut or incorrect link
5.i'm not sure my wire connectors & pin are correct, because i don't have KE70 Electrical Wiring Diagram.

Please help me.

Thankyou.

KE70-1.jpg

KE70-2.jpg

KE70-3.jpg

KE70-4.jpg

KE70-5.jpg

KE70-7.jpg

KE70-8.jpg

KE70-9.jpg

Members dont see this ad

With several items not working, it will be a power feed problem to or from the fuse box, or possibly an earthing issue somewhere.  You'll only solve this by tracing it out with a test lamp, & the wiring diagram, which will also provide the wiring colour codes.  Use a test lamp with a very sharp point, that can pierce cables.

The KE70 wiring diagrams, are available on line, if you Google KE70 Wiring Diagram / Images.

Altezzaclub has posted them on this forum, in his various posts.

5a02c9ae3ac72_KE70wiringdiagram.thumb.jpg.a00d389e5db6f6b9f960bfb0e1ac8e2a.jpg

I found if you are having issues trying to follow the wiring digram, then just draw the particular circuit you are interested in, on a fresh piece of paper, starting at the battery +ve terminal, & finishing at the battery -ve terminal. Mark in the colours, & the whole thing becomes much easier.

Alternatively, do as Altezzaclub does, by highlighting the circuit you are interested in in a bright texta colour.  Makes it easier to follow.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo
  • Like 1

'connectors image map'.. Haha!  how old are those??  1990s on?? Year 2000 on??  They don't exist for old cars.

Anyway, the best quality KE70 wiring diagram that Banjo mentioned is here-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0xs2udvrv9qfl2/downloadfile.jpg?dl=0

The wiring colours are there, and the ojects they wire to, so it should identify any unknowns you have. It looks an enormouse job that you have there.

• Like 1

That dropbox wiring diagram file is nice & clear when you blow it up.  Excellent ! Thanks Keith.

I have drawn for you, just the stop light/brake circuit.  It couldn't be simpler, as it is powered all the time, & doesn't pass through the ignition, or other switches.

5a03b76c2b7c1_KE70StopBrakeCircuit.thumb.jpg.13e7e65f96bb372478eee65faa860028.jpg

See how simple it looks, when you separate it from all the other circuits.

Get yourself a automotive tester probe (< $ 10 at SCA) and connect the alligator clip to the chassis somewhere.  Then start at the positive battery terminal & the bulb will light, (assuming the battery -ve to chassis connection is fine)

5a03bbf2ddcb9_TestLight.jpg.0e2e6887999dbdd60aa0d63cfbea7265.jpg

Then move along the circuit, in a clockwise direction, at each side of the fusible link; either side of the 15A fuse; and the "powered" side of the footbrake switch. If you have "light" up to there, check the other side of the switch, with the brake pedal down.  If still OK, then get someone to hold the brake pedal down, or bridge or s/c the switch out, and move along to the two LH & RH bulbs in the boot. If still OK, but still no break lights, then either both bulbs are blown, or the chassis connection of the rear light clusters is o/c.

With that approach, you must find/discover the problem.

You never know, in doing so, you may be lucky, and also solve the other gauge light issues, if it's a common earthing/chassis connection or the like. 

If that solves your brake lights, then approach the other guage light & turn indicators in the same manner, after drawing out their individual circuits.

If you need any more help, just give us a yell.

I'm quite aware, how hard it is to follow those auto wiring diagrams, but it really is quite simple, once you break it down to an individual circuit.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo
  • Like 1

connect the alligator clip to the chassis somewhere.

This is not easy!  ..and it needs to be tested to make sure it does earth back to the body well or you get false negatives. Everything I tried when working in the boot the other day was painted, and the tail light bolts didn't earth to the body reliably. Gave me quite a surprise, but because they are pulling on the rubber seal and they move and vibrate enough to get dirt under them its to be expected