Ke10 Strut Insert - URGENT

rolln69

Ok, the Munroe ke20-55 shocks arrived today, look well built. Now the spacer in the wiki, is 5mm too long for this insert and I reckon if you turn 5mm off the length you'd be perfect. I'll do this tomoz and get photos, just in case. 

Issue #2 the ke20 spring I have is about 20-30mm too short to be captive. The spring i have has a free length of 240mm. It also is about 1.5-2mm too big in diameter to fit in the perch on the strut. I'd think with some mild heat and vice grips it would fit. A 270mm free would be about percect id think.

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've managed to locate a NOS pair of adjustable Koni inserts to suit a KE20 in Japan.  The number on the reasonably tattered box looks to be 62P-1743-KE-20.  The application listing on the packaging only goes to KE30 so they were probably made about 1975!  

When they arrive I'll post up the part number on the actual insert.  

I'll look at them then, but I'm thinking I might try spacing them down the strut tube to give some compression range and keeping the spring captive.  This is with the customised springs mentioned earlier in the thread of course.

Yes. It was pure luck they were there. They will likely end up about $225 landed via import monster. 

There is also a set of NOS Boge inserts a bit more expensive, but no indication if they are simply standard replacement or ‘sport’. 

I just searched under KE20

2DFA228F-E2F5-4D44-A6AC-5DB8B46E88F9.jpeg

DB6E575F-8AC9-475A-B6A8-A29A9CC4DEC9.jpeg

Edited by parrot

• 5 months later...

Were your KE10 ones adjustable Darren?  Are you saying you are selling sets? A few guys here may be interested if so. I’ve got some NOS tokico’s for the KE15 but worried they will bottom out with the usual lowering techniques previously mentioned, hence the KE20 set. 

yeh remember i was talking to you about them and you said they might be oem?

i took a punt and they ended up being koni red adjustables for ke10...i had 3 sets

sold one to some ke10 dude other day

have one set for myself left and one other set

you reckon i could maybe just get some ke10 coil springs made in 4kg and just fit them to strut ?  as ive removed leave to fit 7k sump atm..

i don't need a crazy handling car..but don't want spring or shock bottoming out either

might just do otomoto sleeve setup

otherwise

Edited by untubbed_20

• 3 months later...