CB’s Green Ke70

Connor Bowden

So it’s finally time and tomorrow morning I’m travelling to the goldy to pick up my Ke70 project. :D

It’s currently in pieces and has already had rust cut out and fixed up so the first thing that I plan to do to it, is strip it fully and begin paintworks. As a tribute to my first ever car, I have decided to paint it green :O

BE4D109D-1D62-4953-8831-229D1A46F68D.thumb.jpeg.e42f270df87cab7f0dc25afc633195a9.jpeg

My dearly beloved Toyota Lexcen, bought for $50 off the back of a mates swamp and done up as a replica HSV SV5000 commo (but with SV89 body kit, go figure), was sadly written off after a very intimate encounter with a roo. 

So to revive some of my dearest memories I decided to paint my new Toyota in the same colour.

42CE5D30-8C1C-4EA3-BE6C-D4388DA6F49A.jpeg.fe6ebdc8d2eee94c984b0f78fcc8637d.jpeg

Now, I haven’t painted in 6 years but nonetheless it’s something I can’t wait to do again.

Pics of Ke70 to come tomorrow.

Ps. Me painting green when I was 14. 

3B0ACA5F-F606-4379-AA81-AF6C35F4B7E8.thumb.jpeg.2f7f080862f8b67c3a92c4eb80bf1cbd.jpeg

Ha. That rhymed. Painter and a Poet.

Members dont see this ad
On 27/11/2017 at 8:40 PM, altezzaclub said:

Do you reckon it has all the fittings and bits for a full reassemble?

Yeah I believe it does, just missing a couple of nuts and bolts. Although 1 panned was missing but I’ve already sourced it.

On 28/11/2017 at 11:07 AM, ke70dave said:

What sort of paint are you going to use? 

It will be acrylic base with 2 pack clear.

I’d rather both 2 pack but I’m doing it on the cheap and acrylic is what I have haha!

I considered acrylic clear to keep it the same but I’d rather the hardness of 2 pack. 

Unfortunately we were all ready to go on Monday night and we jumped in the Pajero Tuesday morning and the Brake Controller faulted permantely locking on the brakes of dads trailer.

Found a mate however who is happy have a plug and play kit wired into his Hilux and we will be heading down to the Gold Coast on Saturday. Fingers crossed for some better weather as well.

If it's missing stuff it's just weight reduction anyway. Mine ended up losing about 50% of the hardware, purely because I was pulling it apart so much. Mainly trim stuff. 

But yeah, front guards, 4 bolts, if they were lucky. Lol. 

Dash. Maybe 3. 

Shit like that, never mechanical. 

Have fun. 

3 hours ago, Big G said:

Maybe while your down the  Goldie you could go pick up the complete ke10 for sale at Burleigh Heads for $1200 on gumtree.

Yeah, I was looking at that car, it was the original car that I looked at but the guy ignored all my messages, I gave him a low-ball offer which wasn't good for me to do as I hadn't researched what they were really worth... so it only makes sense to me that he thought I was being a jerk, but when looked into it and decided to be serious about he ignored my messages. That said, it looks to me like it is still missing a lot of stuff too. 

3 hours ago, B.L.Z.BUB said:

If it's missing stuff it's just weight reduction anyway. Mine ended up losing about 50% of the hardware, purely because I was pulling it apart so much. Mainly trim stuff. 

But yeah, front guards, 4 bolts, if they were lucky. Lol. 

Dash. Maybe 3. 

Shit like that, never mechanical. 

Have fun. 

I guess I'll find out when it comes to assembly haha! at least has pretty much all of its parts as far as I am aware & a working engine :). I think when the ke70 becomes my daily, I'll start looking at the 10 again as a project.

And so here it is on the trailer!!

Turns out it’s missing front glass and probably a few small things. Again something I’ll figure out on assembly.

After a couple of pull overs and engine fiddling on the surging 22r , we made some minor modification to the return fuel line, possibly bypassing it, allowing us to safely make the trip. 

It on the trailer now and on our way home! Big smiles on this guys face ->:D 

40B4371D-9FA7-4805-A8B3-73E6936C358D.thumb.jpeg.8ff8451784aec60c9f5c3e7364936196.jpegB49DAAE9-2AEA-4E34-B1BC-2BA39F362DF4.thumb.jpeg.7a701f8d3721f8576bffca06b4a5cee6.jpeg0265D399-198E-4FC7-8CF7-E21B3B6BE579.thumb.jpeg.e104e205b9279dddf80e5cb0011412f5.jpeg

8 hours ago, Big G said:

The metal mice have had a field day chewing on that guard it might be easier and faster  to get  a good replacement one. As a whole looks like she isnt in too bad shape good luck  look forward to see your progress.

I can’t paint while the weather is junk like it is at the moment so I picked up a grinder. Dads got a mig. Gives me something to do until the sun comes out haha

• 3 months later...