Ke55 clutch problem

18 hours ago, Banjo said:

Hi Jasper,   Did you make Melbourne OK, last night. ?  Love to know you made it, & all your hard work was worth it !

Thanks a lot Banjo, just got in late last night! Safe drive in the end, avoided too many gear changes. 

Now to procrastinate pulling it all apart again...

Hope you had a nice Christmas

Jasper 

Members dont see this ad
17 hours ago, rebuilder86 said:

How did you actually go with lifting the box back up into place? 

It was actually pretty easy with an assistant--once the clutch was aligned I put some molly grease on the gearbox spline and just lay under the gearbox, lifted it onto my stomach as Banjo suggested, and lined up the bellhousing with the motor. I had a friend lift the extension housing up and sort of steer the box into place while I lined it up. A bit of wiggling around and it went in pretty easy, then I just held it from underneath while he put the bolts in. Had to jack it up by the extension housing the get the crossmember back on, so the weight wasn't hanging off the motor too much. It'd be harder with another gearbox, but honestly you can lift this one above your head without too much strain!

Jasper

Edited by Wingsforwheels

Told you it was possibly Jeremy.  If you have the vehicle high enough on jacks or stands, you can lift it by yourself with you knees bent, with heels on the ground, & knees supporting the bell housing.  Your hands above your head, then just lift, & support / align the extension housing, & push it forward.

Cheers Banjo

I couldn't tell you the number of gearboxes I changed without a floor jack at the import workshop. Until recently I didnt even know there was a special transmission jack. The first one is always the hardest you will be able to do them blindfolded now. Good job.