AE92 4AGE fuel pump fuse location

BoostBoy

15 hours ago, ke70dave said:

Is it just a standard 4age? If it were me id put an oem sx pump. 

Who said anything about it being standard? :)

It's making around 310HP at the crank. A 500HP pump might be overkill, but that's what was put in by the performance shop.

Members dont see this ad

It’s super easy. My 2 cents, go and pull one out of a car at a pickies wrecker. One, it will be hella cheap, and two, you will know what to do on yours. The hardest bit is swapping the actual pump out of it’s carrier and getting the little insulator rubbers in the right spot, and mounting the pre filter. And that’s not hard.

edit: I should say you can just use one out of an SV21 Camry if your model isn’t there

Edited by parrot

• 3 weeks later...

So I attempted it, but I can't actually find where the pump is! It wasn't where I thought it was, which was under the back seat where the access port is and where the wires are going to. What I pulled out was the fuel gauge sending unit, but no pump inside :(

Does anyone know where it's located on an AE92 Corolla? Do I have to drop the fuel tank (please say no)?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so after a bit of digging around, I discovered I do in fact have to drop the tank. After looking at some youtube videos, it doesn't seem too hard. There are 3 fuel lines to disconnect, then the fuel intake hose and then the straps that hold the tank to the car. There is one fuel line I can't disconnect because I'm not sure which nut to unscrew. In my pic there is the nut with the blue arrow and the other larger nut with the red arrow. Which is the one I should be unscrewing? What are these fittings called so maybe I can search online? They are high pressure fittings as far as I can tell. I've attempted to undo both, but without knowing which way to unscrew them or which nut, I'll just damage the line, so I stopped.

IMG_4710.jpg

That’s the pressure line. The small nut as you call it is like a large brake line fitting, and screws into the body of the larger ‘nut’. 

To undo it, hold the larger ‘nut’ with a spanner and undo the smaller ‘nut’

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info. I had already emptied the tank, so this was my next challenge. It’s a tough nut to crack (pun intended):)

I only had a shift spanner so when I was trying to loosen the nut it slipped and I think I twisted the whole thing. Pretty sure I damaged the pipe inside as now the body of the nut spins somewhat freely and a little bit of fuel dripped out.

Both nuts are like they’re welded together, so tough! Tried lots of WD40. 

Just so I’m sure, which way should I be turning the smaller nut? Looking at it from the left in the pic I’ve been turning it anti-clockwise. Is that correct?

I'm going to buy some open end spanners at the end of the week and try again.