Rolla Attention

Big G

So the Princess came home later than expected last night. I was getting twitchy thinking not another breakdown. She was spewing as she walked through the door. Another cop stop. The third in three weeks. Always at night and always on the same road. She hasnt been busted for anything as yet. The car is stock except for the 15 inch rims and the 2 inch exhaust with extractors. It is just so annoying to the point where one cop last night has pulled her over last week. She said  to him nothing has changed since last week. He responded with just doing our job. So their  job is to pick on classic car drivers. don't get me wrong I think they do a great job under crap conditions for awful pay. But seriously guys a girl in a neat old car doing nothing wrong. End of rant.

Members dont see this ad

Pft.. 3 in the 3 weeks. Amateur. 

My record was 4 in 1 week back when i had the ke70!

Never got a ticket. Just a "random" breath test and have a good night sir.

Never get pulled  over now and still driving  a 32yr old classic car.

I guess I'm too old to be a police target :(

Great example why "sleepers" don't usually become "cop bate", despite their age.

Had two boys in blue follow me one night in Greenbank, only 2 klms from home.  They thought I'd come from the local Tavern, but I'd only pulled out of the shopping centre adjacent.

After blowing, & coming up negative, they then asked a lot of questions about the KE30.  Even popped the bonnet, but was not so much to check it, but that the older copper had had one in the family, & the younger one, had owned one, in his younger days.  They loved it, & had a few stories to tell. We were on the side of the road about 20 mins.

Post Script to this story . . . .

My neighbour popped in to see me the next day, to see what I'd done to get pulled over, as He had driven by whilst I was in conversation with the two boys in blue.

"Just chatting about my Rolla",  I replied.

I often come out of the Post Office in the afternoon, to find someone looking it over, with a story to tell, about their association with Rollas.  Most families in Australia, have had a Rolla in the family sometime.

Cheers Banjo

"they go through her boot back seat pop the bonnet."

Bah.. at that stage I'd get arrested for mocking the cops..  Stopping you for RBT is just the Govt making sure us peasants acknowledge who's in control, but to go through your private things is just a bunch of the Emperor's Praetorian Guards shaking down the local populace because they can.

That sounds like a feasible explanation but its a good 8 kms from home where she keeps getting picked up. She is getting sick of it. She loves the positive attention the rolla brings and the car deserves it. It is just so annoying for her.

Well it was off the road for 12 months while we put her back together. She was an unstarted project when the Princess beat the previous owner into handing her over for a lot less than he paid. She has new plates. The Princess hasn't been booked for anything as yet so I don't know what their issue is. Whatever it is I hope it stops soon as she is talking about moth balling her and getting something less conspicuous. Dare I say it FRONT WHEEL DRIVE. Aaaaaaargh.

4 hours ago, Big G said:

Well it was off the road for 12 months while we put her back together. She was an unstarted project when the Princess beat the previous owner into handing her over for a lot less than he paid. She has new plates. The Princess hasn't been booked for anything as yet so I don't know what their issue is. Whatever it is I hope it stops soon as she is talking about moth balling her and getting something less conspicuous. Dare I say it FRONT WHEEL DRIVE. Aaaaaaargh.

Owning a 90s FWD Toyota does make me practically invisible to the cops even with an almost certainly illegal exhaust, lowered, 17s, personalised plates, and spotties in my front grille (an actual factory option, just only in Europe)

Been driving for almost 15 years and I've only ever been pulled over for an RBT (as in by a cop driving around) once, and that was because I chucked a u-ey outside a pub (was picking people up).  Numerous roadside booze-bus ones though (and passed all with flying colours, because I'm a good boy) but also driven past plenty too without being waved in.  Car has never been searched, not even so much as had the bonnet lifted or ride-height checked.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Sounds like a similar car has been reported hooning/involved in criminal activity/etc in the area and it's the princesses bad luck to own something the same era/color/make. 

Remember having the police knock on the door when I was a kid wanting to inspect the old mans Monaro as a similar car had been involved in a hit and run.

• 7 months later...

my sister has issues seeing at night and very dilated pupils. she has been harassed and taken away for testing quite a few times then when they get proven wrong they dumop her out the front of the cop shop to find their way home.

I've also had a policeman threaten to defect me and tow my car before he even looked at it when i once told him i had already been breathalised less than 100m away. showed him the straw and told him i was heading home but thought i'd roll through rather than turn off to save them racing after me.

anyway point is there are some arseholes out there. she is getting off pretty easily. if theres an ongoing oissue head down to the local cop shop and ask them why she has been repeatedly poulled over.

at one point my sister was dragged out of her car at gunpoint because a similar description car had just been involved in a hit run and the way the police reacted and approached her she didn't want to open the car door.