Happy New Year

Big G

Members dont see this ad

Dont worry i am a few yrs behind you  parrott and i hate on stiff suspension.  If i cant easily hold a coffee amd not spill it driving to work....its too stiff. I kinda wish i had realised this when i had alot more free money to spend on car parts. I reckon a compliant  ke70 on sticky tyres would be a hoot.

I think the e30 springs are about 3kg. Plenty  stiff enough with good shocks to keep them under control. 

We just got to the sunshine coast for a weeks holiday. Its so bloody humid. Im a sweaty mess just thinking about going away from the AC. 

I was thinking about it. When it came off the road years ago, it handled really well with lowered king springs, konis in the back and adjustable Kybs up front. Just needed some bigger sway bars. With the factory lsd, it was just beautiful. A lot like my old TA22 which had similar reasonable mods (albeit no lsd in those days) and was also a great handling car that you could clubsprint, hill climb, motorkhana or autocross and then drive to work on Monday.

Now ive put harder springs, short stroke shocks etc, can’t get a jack under it and have to worry about every speed jump. So it’s all out now. 

Garage sale coming up soon!

• Like 1

The last  setup i had in the ke70 was ~5.7kg front springs and cheap excel g shocks. It was actually very good and i think it was due to the fact that it had loads of available extension (or "droop"). The shocks at static height had maybe 40% compression  and 60% extension. I feel this large amount of extension really  helped the comfort. The e30 has slightly lower  springs  and it has loads of extension. Like.....200mm at least.  I reckon  thats why its so comfortable also. The wheels can easily  "fall" into the holes in the road and keep the body relatively stable. 

My early suspension setups in ke70 and even s15 had bascially zero droop. Crash crash crash over the bumps:p