KE20 22RE??????

TOY71

GDAY I HAV A 1971 KE20 AND I'm LOOKN TO BUY A TOYOTA CORONA THAT HAS THE 22RE JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ITS BEEN DONE AND IF IT HAS BEEN DONE HOW MUCH OF A MISSION IS IT I don't WANNA GO 4AGE AND I'm TRYING TO KEEP IT TOYOTA THAT Y I don't WANT THE SR OR CA

Edited by TOY71

Members dont see this ad

I got a headache trying to read that!!

Most engine conversions require a similar amount of work and mucking around in small KE20 engine bay and is going to require dollars to do it properly, if you have the cash go 3sge if you are set on a Toyota motor. More hp, more torque depending on which version you go for and it would like to rev more than a 22re.

4age would be the simple choice.

• Like 1

Being unique is fantastic if you dont mind the fact that nobody can lay out a plan of action for you on the interwebs.  2az ae86 is a retarded idea but now its done I'm super happy with it.  I loved the engineering though, if you want to drive it soonish then take the path of least resistance.  7k efi.

I WANT SOMETHING SO NEXT SUMMERNATS ITS READY AND I WANNA DO A BURN OUT ON TUFF STREET

Haha!  Betcha $50 you don't build the car & make it!

You're a clown!  Its obvious the only motors worth looking at are the 4AGE and the Altezza's 3SGE. Anyone can see you need a lightweight revvy motor of smallish dimensions to go in a  small light car, and if you had more than 100bhp you'd kill yourself..

Make a list of what you would need to fit ANY new motor in that car and what it would cost to get it engineered, then come back and let us know. The only thing worth keeping is the shell, so you're looking at a new diff, new gearbox, new motor, new brakes new suspension and at least $10K to do it.  Then you wouldn't be allowed to drive it on your "P"s anyway....

"3SGE made  207 hp at 7,600 rpm and 159lb.ft at 6,400 rpm.   "  176Kg w g'box

"4A-GE engines power 123 hp at 7200 rpm with a torque of 110 lb⋅ft."  154Kg w g'box

"22R producing 108 hp at 5,000 rpm and 138 lb·ft  at 3,400 rpm." 185Kg w g'box

As Littleredspirit said, buy a car that's modified already...  or fit your 22RE and cruise quietly around towing a trailer... that's what they're for!

• Like 1