great to see there is still activity down here

sweave65

I joined the states forums 8 or 9 years ago and at that time there was still active interest.....they were useful forums, Now.......extinct.  apparently everyone has morphed into faceplant and twitter, I have written before, it is a shame.  Our entire society has latched on to the internet technology as the only acceptable way from now on......we are going down a bad path.  anyway, it is nice to see that this site still has some interest and valid posts.....CHeers to you all.  I have finished my original SR5 te27 project and actually found someone to buy my SR5 clone project and now my next build is a 2 door 74 RT104 corona.  Just wanted to say...HEY.

FINAL2_zpsisilwz18 (2).jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

It is what it is.  Don't get stressed about it. 

I basically ignore the whole facebook car thing other than trawling for the occasional desirable parts that pop up.  Meanwhile I laugh at the stupidity and flick my finger to something else remotely interesting.  The knowledge is still out there, and those that really care know where to get it.  Here!

What is interesting is when people bring facebook behavioural standards to a decent forum, they quickly learn to rein it in, or disappear.

Is that the one you sold or the one you were keeping?

Shall look forward to seeing how the Corona turns out.

Car looks sick mate!  A lot of us Gen Z people who had an analogue childhood and a digital adulthood are still hanging on and enjoying the medium of the forum.  Instant gratification is not as important as quality of information or interaction, but you cant teach a kid that.  What we now know about Facebook is, its an information vacuum, the only person able to find and reference that useful piece of info in a years time will be whoever pays Cuckerberg.  Everyone else is just building their data set by participating in the BS.

this beauty is still for sale but I am not advertising it or even showing it at the shows.  these cars here in the states are in a big lull.....great jtin cars on the market for months with minimal interest.  I am going to sit on this one for a couple more years....keep it running, drive it every couple of weeks and than bring it back to the shows.  I know nothing about facebook since I have never joined but understand the concept......instant gratification is the drug of the current generation.  is what it is.  

I think there are still some good forums out there ticking along,

i've got an E30 bmw at the moment, r3vlimited forum is pretty popular. 95% american based, but still pretty good. 

I tried the faceballs groups for e30s, bunch of morons on there. 

Great looking corolla up there:)

Edited by ke70dave

Nice clean rolla :)
I feel your pain yet in some ways it might have turned out for the best.

The people who never put any effort in to researching before asking a question that had been asked many times, pretty sure they are all on the facebook type sites together now and we can all be left in piece. 

Just jump over to the social media side when looking for parts or selling.

I agree with hanging onto it. Some 70's cars just haven't moved in value while others have increased 10 fold. While the latest automatic everything is very comfy for day to day commutes, it just isn't really driving. I know a few friends who sold off cars when they could afford something better. Some have bought better versions of cars they used to own. Some are actively looking. 

A few things like Toyota probably winning LeMans this year, they don't really have any competition since Porsche and Audi have left, yet they were unlucky last year, and if the new Supra turns out to be any good, could increase interest in old Toyota's.

And just imagine what will happen if Dom Torretto drives an old Rolla in the new movie, Fast and the Furious Cash Machine.

• 1 month later...

I remember this build, very nice. Facebook seems to be where the parts are at these days, especially now that tired ke's are rising in price and wreckers are on the decline. Photobucket hasnt been good to forums either. Perhaps when I start working on my cars again Ill start a rides thread to contribute the little I know.