Lowering blocks for Toyota Carina

Gday guys! So I'm in a bit of a pickle at the mo. Took my car for a warrant(new zealand) to get it road worthy. Its failed on blown drivers side shock and cracks in the body/floor above the diff head. 

To cut a long story short the diff(from previous owners attempts to lower the car) had been slapping against the floor causing it to crack. Its been lowered(flattened leaves i think) and the bump stops above the ubolts have been cut in half! Lol but the stopper above the diff had been left normal height? 

If i ordered a generic set of lowering blocks would it stiffen up the rear and stop the so called diff slap? I'm guessing its getting the extra travel from the bump stops being modified. Any thought on this would be much appreciated. Need to get the cracks welded up to pass, then she'll be all go! 

Cheers, jayden.

Members dont see this ad

I’d say that all the lowering blocks are going to do is move the axle up relative to the height of the springs, and you will be left with the same problem.  You will need to get the springs set properly. 

The shock may have blown after bing compressed too far

6 minutes ago, parrot said:

I’d say that all the lowering blocks are going to do is move the axle up relative to the height of the springs, and you will be left with the same problem.  You will need to get the springs set properly. 

The shock may have blown after bing compressed too far

The shockies on the rear?  Yeah it puzzled me. I'll flick through a picture of the damage