KE20 alt wiring

Rolln666KE20

Members dont see this ad

Yeah man. I figured it out because the battery us located in the in the boot all I needed to do was run a cable from the battery back to the battery on the B+ line. Thanks for the help again there is a 40amp fuse running from the positive terminal. Just been de looming the engine bay. I'll keep you posted for sure when shes good to go I'll bring it over if you want to see her in real life

Did you get the charge warning light in the dashboard connected & working.  Should come on as soon as ignition is turned on, 7 extinguish, once the engine is running, which idicates the alternator is outputting voltage & power to the battery.

Would love to see you amazing KE20 in the flesh.

Cheers Banjo

• 1 month later...

Hey man. Was wondering if you might be able to help again. So I just did the head gasket on my 4k it runs and idles sweet but as soon as I put load on it/drive its struggling hard! I was thinking maybe valve clearance as I think the gasket was slightly thicker I also had the dizzy out to paint the block. Anyway here's a pic of what I've done to the engine bay

IMG_20180616_160744.jpg

IMG_20180623_113708.jpg

I'm assuming you haven't changed anything relative to the carbies, and you have adjusted the tappets, when you put the head back on. My guess is that you have a timing issue, when you reinserted the dissy, or there is an air leak on the induction side somewhere.

I would try removing the dizzie, placing the engine at TDC No: 1, as described here in various posts on this forum, & refitting the dizzie, ensuring the rotor is pointing to spark plug no: 1 HT wire on the dizzie cap.  Your photo above indicates the HT cables on the dizzie cap are connected in the right 1,3,4,2 sequence.

You might simply be one tooth out, when you put the dizzie back in.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

If you didn't adjust the tappets, & the new head gasket is thicker, then that should not result in any valves being permanently, "just off their seats". If anything, the tappets should be a bit noisier, & "clicky", as the gaps should be slightly wider.

Cheers Banjo

I'm fascinated as to how you achieved this colour co-ordinated hoses & electrical cables.  Is it an orange plastic sleeve over the existing HT wiring on the dizzie cap ?  Even the twin carbie

throttle joiner shaft appears to have an orange tube over it. Is that a windscreen washer bottle in the bottom LH corner of the last pic above ?

Cheers Banjo 

Edited by Banjo