Ke20 fuel line.

(Monk)

I was admiring it too. You need to put up the design and dimensions along with anything you would do different next time. If you lived in Melbs I’d buy it off you. I imagine the only downside is having to store it. 

Members dont see this ad

I am in Melbourne but I sold the Jig 6months ago when we moved house. There is not a whole lot to the design, from memory each side of the octagon was about 850mm long. Then it was a matter of mounting bolts through the spring perch’s and front tow points and adding steel to transfer the load to the octagon. I also had a single tie bar running between the front and back octagon to stop them flopping over.

With the shell stripped it was lite enough for me to roll to the next side of the octagon and slide the whole car side to side on my own. I doubt it would be so easy with a larger car but...

I just love your rotisserie;  It is so simple ! There are some others on the net that are similar to yours, but use a circular hoop, on small rollers, on the floor, which would make it a bit easier to rotate by hand.

wagon.JPG.fe4dc36416d652aaf0559b1640086643.JPG

The secret, I guess, is to get the centre of gravity of the car body, directly on the centre line of the rotating frame.  That would then require minimal effort to turn the frame, with car body attached.

Then you can go to the other extreme, as in the following video, where the rotisserie is so complicated, it would take you a year or so to build it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zIticsQNPw

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

I looked at a lot of different designs before making my one. The one with the hoops would be smooth to flip over but there is significant cost and complexity in having the steel rolled to shape, bearings to roll on and some reliable system to hold it from rolling when you don’t want it to.

Also if you wanted to shift the whole car to the side you would need to mount the rollers on castor wheels. 

The octagon has minimal ground contact so it slid quite easily side to side on the garage floor. It sat sturdy on each plane with no risk of it accidentally rolling over. I had the bolts and some scrap plate already but if I had to buy all the materials it would be less than $100 worth. 

That YouTube clip is a pretty complex setup. I imagine something like that would be useful for handling different size, weight and shape cars. Fully adjustable etc. Totally overkill for a home job resto.