ST141 Corona Diff into KE70

Members dont see this ad

Where did the rumours come from?

And why would you want to do it anyway?

I doubt it. measure  between the trailing arm mounts, the spring mounts and the shock absorber  mounts. Id almost guarantee you'd have to cut and re-weld all of them. And the tailshaft will need probably need to be modified  to work as well.

• 1 year later...
On 6/12/2018 at 9:24 AM, MidwayKE70 said:

Hi was just wondering if a rear disc model diff out of a 84 ST141 Corona would bolt into a KE70? Heard rumours they're a straight bolt in but I'm not 100% sure.

hey there

not sure if its going to be of any use to you anymore but.

i bought my ke70 with what i assumed was a ke70 diff until i went to do brakes. ke70 wheel cylinders and shoes did not fit. the drum sizes were max diameter of 230.6mm compared to 202mm of ke70. 

ke55 brake stuff fitted in it but when i took the diff out later on to check it, the ratio was 3.7. no corolla came with this ratio i’m pretty sure and the diff centre was closed in so you couldn’t see the sun and planetary gears. 

the spring perches are also noticeable smaller then ke70

i think the diff i have is a st141 but i don’t think those diffs came with those ratios. rt100 came with 3.727 but are a banjo as far as i know

Edited by rustyketo
forgot to add info